The Student Room Group

How hard is a level biology?

I'm starting a levels next week and I've chosen Psychology, Biology and Geography. I chose biology as it is a facilitating subject and gives me more options in the future. I got a B in Biology gcse, but I'm willing to hopefully work very hard to at least get a B in a level, as I know I'm probably not capable of getting an A. I was just wondering, if anyone's done bio a level, is it hard? I'm worried because it's not like I massively love the subject but I don't dislike it either.
Reply 1
Not too hard. You just need to make sure you keep up with the work outside school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hey, don't doubt yourself anyone can achieve the grade they want with hard work. I'd say that it is a difficult A level but no A Level is easy, it requires hard work and if your willing then you will succeed. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by rdlewiss
I'm starting a levels next week and I've chosen Psychology, Biology and Geography. I chose biology as it is a facilitating subject and gives me more options in the future. I got a B in Biology gcse, but I'm willing to hopefully work very hard to at least get a B in a level, as I know I'm probably not capable of getting an A. I was just wondering, if anyone's done bio a level, is it hard? I'm worried because it's not like I massively love the subject but I don't dislike it either.

It's a facilitating subject for a reason - it is quite a demanding A Level, but if you put a lot of effort and passion into it you'll be fine I'd say.
Reply 4
Original post by OmarAl
Hey, don't doubt yourself anyone can achieve the grade they want with hard work. I'd say that it is a difficult A level but no A Level is easy, it requires hard work and if your willing then you will succeed. :smile:

Did you take biology? If so what grade did you get? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by AshEntropy
It's a facilitating subject for a reason - it is quite a demanding A Level, but if you put a lot of effort and passion into it you'll be fine I'd say.

True - and yes I guess, hopefully I can. Thank you!
Reply 6
Did you take biology? If so what grade did you get? :smile:

No I didn't take Biology at A level, I'm in the same position as you just with Maths instead but I am deciding to take it as people say that it is hard work but anyone can do it. Biology is the same don't let your GCSE grade decide whether or not you are good at it, just revise, keep up and listen in class and you will be fine :smile: also B is a great grade you should be happy, I got the same in Bio GCSE
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7

it's very hard. it's the longest subject you will ever do
good luck xox

Quick Reply

Latest