York

Applying to York for 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Anyone been made an offer for law yet?
University of York
York
Hi UoY!

I was wondering if it takes longer to process a joint honours degree application? As I've applied for joint honours English and History of Art and haven't heard anything in a month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for York! been waiting anxiously refreshing track for the last few days since I first heard the biochem offers were being made :tongue:
Reply 63
Just got an offer from York for Psychology in Education!! The application only got acknowledged yesterday I'm so glad it was quick!
Reply 64
Original post by University of York
Hello!

Are you thinking of applying to York for 2017 entry? Here you ask meet and chat to other applicants and ask us questions about the application process, studying or living in York, and uni life in general.

You can also ask us questions through Twitter on @UniOfYork, or email [email protected].

I just got an offer for English!!!! My conditions only include verification of my American qualifications and do not mention anything about IB exams, which I'm taking on May. If I decide to accept York's offer should I send my IB scores anyway?
Hi!

I am a Norwegian student currently in the process of applying for an MA in Comparative Syntax and Semantics in York.

I want to make sure I have a place to stay as soon as possible, and so I've been looking at accommodation already.
The information I was able to find about accommodation on campus seemed a bit lacking: I couldn't find any information about exact prices or locations, or even pictures.

What is the study accommodation like for international students? And what are my chances of getting a place to stay?
I am particularly looking for cheap accommodation close to campus.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bonjourhill
Hi UoY!

I was wondering if it takes longer to process a joint honours degree application? As I've applied for joint honours English and History of Art and haven't heard anything in a month.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya!

It does take us a little bit longer to process joint honours applications, as both departments consider the application. I've spoken to the English department, and they say there's nothing to worry about - it can take some time to get everything processed. They hope to respond to you as soon as they can!

Katie
Original post by Miyinsk
I just got an offer for English!!!! My conditions only include verification of my American qualifications and do not mention anything about IB exams, which I'm taking on May. If I decide to accept York's offer should I send my IB scores anyway?

Hiya,

I've spoken to the English department and they've asked that you contact them directly on [email protected] - they'll be able to just check everything through with you and let you know what to do about your IB scores!

Katie
Original post by Charliepants
Hi!

I am a Norwegian student currently in the process of applying for an MA in Comparative Syntax and Semantics in York.

I want to make sure I have a place to stay as soon as possible, and so I've been looking at accommodation already.
The information I was able to find about accommodation on campus seemed a bit lacking: I couldn't find any information about exact prices or locations, or even pictures.

What is the study accommodation like for international students? And what are my chances of getting a place to stay?
I am particularly looking for cheap accommodation close to campus.

Hiya,

The information about postgraduate accommodation on campus can be found within the accommodation pages (but isn't really altogether in the same place!).

If you scroll down to the postgraduate section on this page you can find the type of rooms available on campus for postgraduate students. This will show you which rooms are available to you and which colleges those rooms can be found in. If there are any particular rooms you're interested in, you can click on the corresponding college on the left hand bar to view more information and pictures. You can find out how to apply on this page, although it's not yet open for 2017/18.

There are also lots of other options for student accommodation in York - you could look at a private provider such as The Boulevard, Student Castle or Foss Studios, but these are all quite expensive! If you'd rather a cheaper let, there's lots of student housing in and around the city. York's Graduate Students' Association might be able to help you - they often organise events where you can find housemates and look for housing, although these are often much closer to the start of term. They may well have networks available for postgraduates looking for accommodation, so it might be worth getting in touch with them.

I hope this is helpful,

Katie
Hiya!

It does take us a little bit longer to process joint honours applications, as both departments consider the application. I've spoken to the English department, and they say there's nothing to worry about - it can take some time to get everything processed. They hope to respond to you as soon as they can!

Katie

Okay, thanks for the help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya

Unfortunately we don't really publish those dates in the same place, so it's hard to give you notifications as such! However, if you give me a list of the things you want to know about, I can let you know about the dates which might be helpful for you. Asides from accommodation and student finance, are there any other deadlines you'd like to know about? Those two are the major ones.

In the meantime, here's a link to this year's welcome pages for new undergraduate students, which has instructions on what to do just before you join (so a while for you yet!). They may well be updated before next August, and you'll get your own copy through the post, but they should give you an idea about what you have to do before you arrive.

Katie

Hi Katie, sorry about the delayed reply, thanks for all that it's really helpful! Those two deadlines are the ones I'd like, I'll keep up to date with the others through your link.

Kat
Reply 71
Got an offer to study politics on Wednesday for AAB! Beyond excited !
Reply 72
Original post by notonlyme
Got an offer from York on Friday for human geography and environment (asking AAB) but I got an email today from the university saying they'll reduce the offer to EEE if I firm! Very happy but I still haven't made my mind up where I want to go

Wow that's pretty much unconditional
Reply 73
HI!
How good is York's engineering department compared to unis like bristol, sheffield ... about to apply for york for Electronic Meng but need some help, i guess... TQ :smile:
Original post by katinthehat
Hi Katie, sorry about the delayed reply, thanks for all that it's really helpful! Those two deadlines are the ones I'd like, I'll keep up to date with the others through your link.

Kat

Hi Kat,

No problem! Our accommodation system opens in May and you'll get an email alert about that. The deadline for Student Finance is the 31st May, but you can apply now if you'd like!

Hopefully that's helpful,

Katie
Just got my offer! 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wifty
Anyone been made an offer for law yet?

No, I haven't heard back yet and I applied for Law on the 20th October
Hi! I'm about to apply for Biology :-)

My predicted grades are AAB, which meet the requirements, however I achieved an AS grade of a D in maths (i'm retaking modules and feel as if I can definitely get it up to a B). I was just wondering how this bad AS grade would affect my chances of being given an offer? Thank you!
Congratulations to everyone who has been made offers! :clap2:
If you want to chat with other offer holders or ask me any questions about university life, your course or anything else, head on over to our Offer Holder's forum.

Katie :smile:
Original post by sarahpenguin
Hi! I'm about to apply for Biology :-)

My predicted grades are AAB, which meet the requirements, however I achieved an AS grade of a D in maths (i'm retaking modules and feel as if I can definitely get it up to a B). I was just wondering how this bad AS grade would affect my chances of being given an offer? Thank you!

Hiya,

I've had a chat to Biology and they said that if your predicted grades are ABB, your D grade at AS won't be a problem at all :smile:

Katie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending