The Student Room Group

Level 2 computing - college!

Hi, so this is my second year of college now. I'm now doing a BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Information & Creative Technology course. I would like to hear other peoples experiences with this particular course. Is it hard? What should I expect with the workload? How much revision should I put in? In total, there are two tests. My lecturers have told my entire class that it's going to be ridiculously hard. I don't know if he just scaring us, or it's going to be hard...
Thanks guys!
Hi

I've moved your thread into the BTEC forum where it is more likely to get replies. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Peter914
Hi, so this is my second year of college now. I'm now doing a BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Information & Creative Technology course. I would like to hear other peoples experiences with this particular course. Is it hard? What should I expect with the workload? How much revision should I put in? In total, there are two tests. My lecturers have told my entire class that it's going to be ridiculously hard. I don't know if he just scaring us, or it's going to be hard...
Thanks guys!

I studied two years ago, I wouldn't say it's hard but there is a lot of work to be done. Some of the Units were pretty interesting, whilst others were piss ****. I studied at a college when it was first released and it was pretty useless. To be fair, it depends on what you want to study and if you like doing coursework over exams, then it's probably best for you. Don't be threatened by teachers, just try and stay ahead of the class and pay attention to detail. The tests that you take last an hour and mainly require common sense rather than subject knowledge which a bit weird. If you want to study computer science at UNI, it's best to go on to level 3 or Alevels.
Original post by Peter914
Thanks guys!

Not really, it shouldn't be hard but coming from L1 it would be a considerable increase in difficulty compared to going from L2 to L3.

I obtained a decent grade in your course, only let down because of exams (about 2 units which will be core will be exam based, just remember to revise for them)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending