The Student Room Group

Trying To Pick My Final Safety Uni - Thoughts?

Hi. I'm an American high school student applying for admission to study psychology for September 2017. I have 4 of the 5 schools picked for which I am applying (Oxford-Brookes, Essex, Roehampton, & Hertforshire). The safety school is between Chester, Brunel, Winchester, Worcester and Middlesex.

Any thoughts and/or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Original post by Reman
Hi. I'm an American high school student applying for admission to study psychology for September 2017. I have 4 of the 5 schools picked for which I am applying (Oxford-Brookes, Essex, Roehampton, & Hertforshire). The safety school is between Chester, Brunel, Winchester, Worcester and Middlesex.

I'm not really familiar with specific universities or their rankings, so my advice is a bit more general.

What led you to pick the first 4? Is it the locations? The course content? The best universities within your expected grades?

On the whole, your insurance choice should be one you're certain to get into, just apply whatever decision making criteria you used on the first 4 on those final options.

If a gap year/placement is offered, they are valuable. Beyond that, the courses are all more of less the same, it's down to the university, location and how it is taught. Make sure they are accredited courses as well.
Original post by Reman

I hope you picked well and your offers are rolling in c: I am also applying to Essex and Roehampton to study psychology c: If you have any questions on Roehampton, i did visit and would be happy to answer them.

Quick Reply

Latest