The Student Room Group

How many weeks/months should you spend revising for the SJT?

Hi everyone!

I'm a final year due to sit my SJT in December and was wondering how long should be spent revising for the SJT?

Would starting at the beginning of November be too late for an average/above average SJT score?

Any help and personal experiences would be welcomed. I would like to aim for an above average score so I'd welcome any advice on how long people spent revising and the scores they achieved.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone!

I'm a final year due to sit my SJT in December and was wondering how long should be spent revising for the SJT?

Would starting at the beginning of November be too late for an average/above average SJT score?

Any help and personal experiences would be welcomed. I would like to aim for an above average score so I'd welcome any advice on how long people spent revising and the scores they achieved.

I am a fairly neurotic person when it comes to exams, so I spent the ten days running up to the exam going through some of the SJT practice books. In the two nights before the exam, I did the official practice paper and went through the mark scheme afterwards - twice. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I got way more out of those final two nights and the official mark scheme than any of the practice books. The practice books were good I suppose at getting me familiar with the overall format of the test and improving my timeliness, but ultimately the SJT is about answering the questions in the way they want you to answer them, rather than what actually happens on the wards. And for that purpose, the official mark scheme explanations are excellent. You should absolutely not be spending weeks or months revising for the SJT.

My score was 42.69/50 if you're interested, which I assume is above average, though I haven't seen any official figures or data.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending