The Student Room Group

Deloitte BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship Scheme 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deloitte runner
I've got my assessment day next week in London. I would highly appreciate it if anyone can give me tips on how to pass the assessment day also is the case study hard to understand for anyone without much business knowledge finally what type of questions were u asked at the interview.
Thank you bye✌🏿️😁✌️

Whicu office is yours at? Might have mine as well
London stonecutter
Original post by sufiyan1999
Applied for birmingham as a second option. Reason i applied for london is because i lived there until i was 15 and miss it like hell. Cockney and proud 😉

Ahh, fair enough :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by Deloitte runner
I've got my assessment day next week in London. I would highly appreciate it if anyone can give me tips on how to pass the assessment day also is the case study hard to understand for anyone without much business knowledge finally what type of questions were u asked at the interview.
Thank you bye✌🏿️😁✌️

It's really not that difficult to understand- they give you everything you need to know on the day :smile:

Just look up generic tips on how to succeed at interviews, and hot to do well in group interviews. I'd really recommend taking advantage of the free trial on biginterview.com, just make sure you cancel after 7 days!
Just got an email to say i passed the online assessments. When will I get an interview date??
Just got an email to say i passed the online assessments. When will I get an interview date??

We can't really answer that question... depends on where you applied and how busy they are. For assessment centers, they want a few people together, so that will effect it.

Just be patient and do some general interview prep. :smile:
Ive applied for london. Long shot but will I have a job offer before christmas?
Reply 67
Have my assessment centre in Bristol on wednesday (Applying for corporate audit in Cardiff). To anyone that has been to an assessment day, were the questions based primarily on Deloitte's key competencies? or more regarding reasons for choosing Deloitte and your selected service line etc.

Any replies appreciated.
How long did it take people to find out if they were successful after their first round interview?
Original post by NickIvey
Have my assessment centre in Bristol on wednesday (Applying for corporate audit in Cardiff). To anyone that has been to an assessment day, were the questions based primarily on Deloitte's key competencies? or more regarding reasons for choosing Deloitte and your selected service line etc.

Any replies appreciated.

Had mine (for a graduate scheme) on Friday. I'd say about half of the time was spent discussing a case study (which you are given on the day) and the other half was spent discussing a project I did, what I learnt, what it demonstrated and then the two standard why Deloitte and why service line questions.
Reply 70
Original post by hodgey111
Had mine (for a graduate scheme) on Friday. I'd say about half of the time was spent discussing a case study (which you are given on the day) and the other half was spent discussing a project I did, what I learnt, what it demonstrated and then the two standard why Deloitte and why service line questions.

Thanks for the quick reply. Also wondering if there is a general dress code? I assumed business attire e.g. suit and tie

Cheers
Original post by NickIvey
Thanks for the quick reply. Also wondering if there is a general dress code? I assumed business attire e.g. suit and tie

Cheers

Suit and tie, I'd go with black shoes always with a matching belt if you wear one.

Dark suit nothing flashy - best if it's navy, black or dark grey.
How long did it take people to find out if they were successful after their first round interview?

It really does vary, my reply took a week exactly.

They will probably organize a first round during the Christmas time followed by another fortnight, roughly, of waiting until you get a partner interview date (should you be successful during the first round).

It is very unlikely they will give you an offer before Christmas.
Quick question, when you book your assessment day do Deloitte contact you to tell you what to expect on the day?

I'd say it's unlikely! Took me about 2 months to go from application to offer, and imagine London will be busier than Birmingham.

You never know, though! :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by Equity Swap
Suit and tie, I'd go with black shoes always with a matching belt if you wear one.

Dark suit nothing flashy - best if it's navy, black or dark grey.

Navy suit it is. Thanks for the reply.
(edited 7 years ago)

It took Birmingham 3 days to get back to me.
I'm getting a bit worried as Deloitte haven't given me any further information about the assessment day even though it is on Monday. For those who have been to an assessment day please can you quickly tell me if Deloitte email you telling you what to expect on the day so that I can phone them. Assessments day on Monday in Leeds and getting slightly worried.
Original post by Max Thomas Jane
I'm getting a bit worried as Deloitte haven't given me any further information about the assessment day even though it is on Monday. For those who have been to an assessment day please can you quickly tell me if Deloitte email you telling you what to expect on the day so that I can phone them. Assessments day on Monday in Leeds and getting slightly worried.

They don't email you what to expect beforehand. The format of the day though is as follows:

Case study (can't prepare for)
Interview about case study and general competency questions about yourself
Group exercise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending