The Student Room Group

Extra Curricular/Work Experience HELP!!

Hi, i'm doing AS English, History and French. I'm not sure what degree I want to pursue at university at the moment but am wondering what kind of work experience/ extra curricular I could do, that would link well with my subjects and also be useful for ucas? Thanks :smile:)
Reply 1
Original post by blumoon
Hi, i'm doing AS English, History and French. I'm not sure what degree I want to pursue at university at the moment but am wondering what kind of work experience/ extra curricular I could do, that would link well with my subjects and also be useful for ucas? Thanks :smile:)

Work experience is only useful for the related subject, so if you don't know what you want to do it's too early to be thinking about that.

Extra curricular stuff also tends to be related to the subject. This can be things like extra reading, or getting involved in things like a school newsletter.

You could look at volunteering, for example in a charity shop or old people's home. This isn't immediately relevant to your UCAS application, but will show useful skills like time management.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending