The Student Room Group

Comparing Universities

Is the University of Surrey a good school? Is it highly ranked for chemical and civil engineering? So it I am accepted to UCL, Queen Mary and Surrey, which one would be the best to go to for foundation year? I already have a head start for chemistry and math, as i am taking them in the IB level.
My sister goes to Surrey and does chemical engineering and she says it's a very good uni. In terms of diversity, social life and academics it's a very good balance. Funny enough she got an offer from UCL but got AAB instead of AAA. She doesn't regret going to Surrey as it's a very good uni - it's ranked pretty highly engineering wise I think anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by maninblack00
My sister goes to Surrey and does chemical engineering and she says it's a very good uni. In terms of diversity, social life and academics it's a very good balance. Funny enough she got an offer from UCL but got AAB instead of AAA. She doesn't regret going to Surrey as it's a very good uni - it's ranked pretty highly engineering wise I think anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have any idea if it has the same ranking as Queen Mary? And do you know if its student to teacher ratio is small or huge like UCL
Original post by shahad_
Do you have any idea if it has the same ranking as Queen Mary? And do you know if its student to teacher ratio is small or huge like UCL

Off the top of my head no. But you can compare both uni's by googling them in uni websites they can give you better info

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shahad_
Is the University of Surrey a good school? Is it highly ranked for chemical and civil engineering? So it I am accepted to UCL, Queen Mary and Surrey, which one would be the best to go to for foundation year? I already have a head start for chemistry and math, as i am taking them in the IB level.

Personally I think its a good uni and many people underestimate it. The best advice I can give you is to go and visit each uni, if i had an offer from those unis I would pick surrey. Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest