The Student Room Group

Apprentice ship?

I am a graduate in Engineering and looking for apprenticeship...I am 34...is there any age limit?
Reply 1
The age limit is 16-24, however there are some apprenticeships available for over 24s but you'll have to fund them yourself. Also, if you are a graduate you wouldn't be illegible for an apprenticeship. The highest qualification allowed is a Level 3 (A Level). Why are you interested in an apprenticeship as opposed to a graduate scheme? The pay is below the minimum wage.
Original post by Rubyx
The age limit is 16-24, however there are some apprenticeships available for over 24s but you'll have to fund them yourself. Also, if you are a graduate you wouldn't be illegible for an apprenticeship. The highest qualification allowed is a Level 3 (A Level). Why are you interested in an apprenticeship as opposed to a graduate scheme? The pay is below the minimum wage.

This is nearly all rubbish, I'd just disregard it all and do your own research.

Apprenticeships are targeted at 16-24, but you do get people older than that doing apprenticeships.

The main problem you will find is because you have a degree already, most companies won't get funding for you to do an apprenticeship. This is fine if you apply to bigger companies to do an advanced apprenticeship (which is generally a hands on type of role). You'd be unlikely to get accepted for a degree apprenticeship.

I would agree with Ruby, and a grad scheme would be a better option for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending