The Student Room Group

AS/A Levels results info and countdown thread - Results day!

There are quite a few people making repeat posts asking for details about A Level results day, when it is, what you need to do etc.

Let's try and keep all the information together in one place - if you have a question regarding this post it in here. Any other threads on this topic will be merged in here (help us out by reporting the thread if you see one please!)

I'll try to any very important informtion to this post for you when I get more time :smile:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A LEVEL RESULTS DAY - Thursday 16 August 2007

Checking results and university acceptances online - by schrodinger's cat

What your results mean and what to do next - by Mustard-man

Scroll to see replies

Results Day: 16th August - Can't get much more important than that.

Edexcel Results Plus: Can access your Edexcel results on the morning of results day (only if you have been given a PIN by your school).

UCAS site: May update whether you have been accepted or rejected by a university earlier in the morning, though it may not. Difficulties in accessing the page have also been reported due to the large number of people accessing it.

It is generally a good idea to go into school to pick up results anyway, in case of needing to sort things out with teachers etc.

If you are away on results day, how you recieve your results depends on your school/college; some will allow friends to pick them up for you, some will call you and some will arrange to send the letter to a different address among other methods. Check with your school.

Just a few things of the top of my head; i'm sure there will be many more questions.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=269431

Last years results thread for those who are interested :p:
Reply 4
Due to an influx of spamming/arguing in this thread, I have unfortunately removed a hell of a lot of it (leaving only the first four posts). However, with a week left until results come in, you can still have your discussion thread. Keep the conversation civil, though :hmmm:
Reply 5
Nanny State!
Reply 6
totally agree...
Reply 7
Neo
Nanny State!

So, you expect me to condone the blatant bullying of another user? It wasn't the only incident in the thread, either.
Reply 8
the old one was better and way more fun to read!
where it all gone, to get too 3000 we better get going
Reply 10
Dalimyr
So, you expect me to condone the blatant bullying of another user? It wasn't the only incident in the thread, either.

Firstly, it wasn't bullying, it was a "heated" discussion in which people took different sides. Secondly you weren't condoning it by allowing it to occur. And thirdly, if you were so upset by this "blatant bullying" earlier since that wasn't the "only incident in the thread" why didn't you lock it then?
Reply 11
Ah and now i have a warning for voicing my opinion because it is a criticisms of a moderator! It's like being in Nazi Germany!...........Here comes warning no. 2......:p:
Reply 12
Hmmm. Not a clue what happened in this thread, but...

...Time until Thursday, 16 August 2007, 11:00:00 (London time):
6 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes and 19 seconds
Reply 13
emsy88
the old one was better and way more fun to read!

I agree :biggrin: .
Reply 14
I think the nanny state comment was a joke...anyway results.
Neo
Nanny State!

:hahaha:
I've told you already take this to AAM.
Reply 17
ok- so what are the rules for this thread? Just so everybody knows. An itemised list of what is and is not allowed would be helpful. i.e is it just a thread for questions re results or can people chat about concerns in it?
Reply 18
Stop throwing these meaningless acronyms at me!!! :p:
you can asked what day you get results on

Latest