The Student Room Group

Are online A-level courses worth it?

Hi
My school doesn't offer politics A-level so i was thinking of doing one in my spare time, either once i'd finished sixth form or right now.
I don't know much about them, so could anyone with any experiance tell me what they are like and if they are worth it. The course i was thinking of doing was on open college uk.
Nope.

But yh, in ur case. it is just a big +point but not equal to doing real alevel with real teacher.
Reply 2
Original post by MadWolf
Hi
My school doesn't offer politics A-level so i was thinking of doing one in my spare time, either once i'd finished sixth form or right now.
I don't know much about them, so could anyone with any experiance tell me what they are like and if they are worth it. The course i was thinking of doing was on open college uk.

You would still need to find an exam centre which can be difficult. The online provider only gives you a textbook and work to compete, which can be bought cheaper elsewhere. It's a very expensive way of finding motivation
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
You would still need to find an exam centre which can be difficult. The online provider only gives you a textbook and work to compete, which can be bought cheaper elsewhere. It's a very expensive way of finding motivation

The course says it also provides you with a tutor. Surely thats a bit better than just reading textbooks?

Quick Reply

Latest