The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDKY
Congrats! When did you apply, and did you get your offer today?

My application was a bit odd because I knew about the course after UCL accepted me for straight law. I emailed them in December asking if it was possible to be considered for the dual degree and they said yes and that they would let me know in January. So yesterday my offer for straight law changed to an offer for the dual degree.
Reply 981
Original post by thirdcultureteen
My application was a bit odd because I knew about the course after UCL accepted me for straight law. I emailed them in December asking if it was possible to be considered for the dual degree and they said yes and that they would let me know in January. So yesterday my offer for straight law changed to an offer for the dual degree.

Alright! But when did you apply for straigt law, and when did you get an offer?

That's really interesting, I didn't know you could do that. Think it's probably too late for me to express interest in the dual degree though haha.

Out of curiosity, do you think it's possible they could rescind my straight Law offer if I did the same?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IDKY
Alright! But when did you apply for straigt law, and when did you get an offer?

Applied for straight law at the end of September, and received an offer for it in late November
Original post by christy98
That's really interesting, I didn't know you could do that. Think it's probably too late for me to express interest in the dual degree though haha.

Out of curiosity, do you think it's possible they could rescind my straight Law offer if I did the same?

Haha I didn't think it was possible either, but my mum said there was no harm in asking so I went for it!

I asked them about that, and they said that my straight law offer would still stand. So if I wasn't offered a place on the dual degree, I would still have my straight law offer.
Haha I didn't think it was possible either, but my mum said there was no harm in asking so I went for it!

I asked them about that, and they said that my straight law offer would still stand. So if I wasn't offered a place on the dual degree, I would still have my straight law offer.

That's good to know! I'll think about it :smile: though I most probably won't request a switch, as I don't think that would be very responsible of me to do so this late in the cycle.
Reply 986
Applied in like November for LLB LAW at: UCL, Nottingham, Leeds, York and Exeter.

Got a York interview,
AAA for Leeds,
AAA for Exeter.
Still waiting to hear from UCL and Nottingham.

GCSES: A*A*A*ABBBCC (i think)
AS: AAAC
A2 prediction: A*AA

My favourite is Nottingham and I'm so worried i won't get an offer, anyone else heard from them??
Original post by alexlu1

According to UCL, the result will be disclose in March.

Where does it state that?
offer from ucl for straight law (!!)
Has anybody else gotten an offer from bristol?
Original post by sofialatif10

still waiting! did you get yours? :smile:

Yeah I have a conditional offer, A*AB/AAA.
Original post by niccidacosta
still waiting! did you get yours? :smile:

No I havent! Was wondering if I was the only one hahah
Original post by christy98
Yeah I have a conditional offer, A*AB/AAA.

That's amazing! Can I ask when you submitted UCAS and when you received your offer?
(edited 7 years ago)
That's amazing! Can I ask when you submitted UCAS and when you received your offer?

I applied on 13 Oct and received the offer on 19 Dec :smile: x
No I havent! Was wondering if I was the only one hahah

noppe i submitted early October and did my LNAT by the end of October so i have been waiting ages! when did you submit?x
Original post by G3nim0
Applied in like November for LLB LAW at: UCL, Nottingham, Leeds, York and Exeter.

Got a York interview,
AAA for Leeds,
AAA for Exeter.
Still waiting to hear from UCL and Nottingham.

GCSES: A*A*A*ABBBCC (i think)
AS: AAAC
A2 prediction: A*AA

My favourite is Nottingham and I'm so worried i won't get an offer, anyone else heard from them??

Yup! I received an offer from Notts on the 9th.
I haven't received an offer from Bristol yet and I'm concerned it's because I did bad in my LNAT. Other people I know have received their offers. Is it a bad sign if I haven't been given an offer yet?
I don't think I did that well in my LNAT too, hence I'm still waiting on LSE, KCL and UCL. But then my application couldn't have been that bad otherwise they would have already rejected me lol. Well, that's how I think about it.

I've already got an offer to study combined PPE/Law at the Australian National University (I'm Australian) but do you think its worth it coming to the UK if I receive an offer?
Original post by DA008
I haven't received an offer from Bristol yet and I'm concerned it's because I did bad in my LNAT. Other people I know have received their offers. Is it a bad sign if I haven't been given an offer yet?

I havent heard from them either. what were your AS grades and A2 predictions? i think the fact that you havent been rejected yet is a good thing though!

Latest

Trending

Trending