The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kairh
Hey! I'm applying for my second bachelor's degree as well. Would you mind me asking if you've already graduated from college? And what your GPA looked like at the time you applied. :smile:

Sure! I graduated in May 2016 with a 3.99.
Where are you from? What did you study for your first bachelor's? :smile:
Reply 1181
Whoa! That's really impressive. I graduate from Amherst College in May with degrees in Law, Jurisprudence and Social Thought (LJST) and International Relations. Where did you go to college?
Original post by __Rosina__
Sure! I graduated in May 2016 with a 3.99.
Where are you from? What did you study for your first bachelor's? :smile:
Original post by kairh
Whoa! That's really impressive. I graduate from Amherst College in May with degrees in Law, Jurisprudence and Social Thought (LJST) and International Relations. Where did you go to college?

Jumping in but just gonna say that Amherst College is def somewhere that is really impressive as well! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Titania_Fleuret_
Congrats!! That's amazing! :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by Callum9812
When did you sit your LNAT and send off your application? Also what were your GCSE'S and AS Levels? Congrats btw!

Thanks! Sat the LNAT before the Oxbridge deadline, sent it out on October 15th , predicted 40 for the IB with a 666 at the higher level. Didn't think that the LNAT went too well, didn't get an interview at Oxford. Good luck!
Original post by mck12345
Haven't heard back from them.

I wasn't too sure if I wanted to go uni so applied on the deadline; maybe I'm being impatient :biggrin:

Hahaha maybe a little 😜 I applied way back in Oct, so that's probably why I got such an early reply :tongue: all the best tho!
Original post by kairh

Oh wow! That's much more intense than mine haha. I studied violin performance at the Eastman School of Music. (To be fair though, the academics weren't a joke...) Where are you hoping to study?
Original post by r2795
your friends already got LNAT results? I thought they weren't out yet?

No she hasnt, we are just assuming she did well since she got an offer and my other friend with slightly better grades didnt
Hopefully the LNAT results come out this week, been waiting since September!
Original post by ///curious
Hopefully the LNAT results come out this week, been waiting since September!

same... (tho I did mine in Oct haha) To top it off the only unis that haven't responded are my 2 LNAT unis which sucks :frown: Where have u applied to? :smile:
same... (tho I did mine in Oct haha) To top it off the only unis that haven't responded are my 2 LNAT unis which sucks :frown: Where have u applied to? :smile:

Thats terrible, hopefully you hear back soon :smile: I applied to Oxford (rejected pre-interview). durham (offer) and three I haven't heard back from yet - nottingham, glasgow and edinburgh. How about you?
Original post by KatieHHH
I'm really not sure! Doubt I'll get an offer from Bristol, but my mam really wants me to go as I'm welsh so the thought of me moving north is terrifying her (and me a lil haha) but obviously it's my decision.. Thinking of Leeds as my firm and Cardiff as my insurance, but Leeds could easily change to Birmingham/Bristol. As I said, I really dont know omg! I didn't guess BUT my practices were so bad and were so awful at my most stressed - so I'm scared that I worked my self up too much on the real thing ahh :frown: and didn't get to finish my conclusion but oh well, its done now!

100% know how you feel with all the indecisiveness! its tough.. never been to Leeds but bristol is amazing and birmingham is a great uni too. as you say, its done now so all we can do is wait..and wait and wait! ):
Original post by ///curious
Thats terrible, hopefully you hear back soon :smile: I applied to Oxford (rejected pre-interview). durham (offer) and three I haven't heard back from yet - nottingham, glasgow and edinburgh. How about you?

Too bad about Oxford.. but well done on Durham! That must mean you did pretty decent with your LNAT, so congrats :smile: I'm still waiting on KCL and UCL but I have offers from the rest of my unis ^^
Hahaha maybe a little 😜 I applied way back in Oct, so that's probably why I got such an early reply :tongue: all the best tho!

Hahaha, thanks and to you too!
Reply 1194
Have people got offers from Nottingham yet?
I'm still waiting on Nottingham and UCL, my two LNAT universities.
Hopeful to firm Nottingham but I'm worried about the LNAT.
If you have had offers, when did you apply/ ALevels and predictions?
Original post by G3nim0
Have people got offers from Nottingham yet?
I'm still waiting on Nottingham and UCL, my two LNAT universities.
Hopeful to firm Nottingham but I'm worried about the LNAT.
If you have had offers, when did you apply/ ALevels and predictions?

When did you apply? I applied in mid December to LSE, KCL, UCL and Durham but still waiting back. Also does anybody know when we'll get our LNAT results? I assume we're all just holding on to 'early February'. I've also already got my A levels (A*AA) and undergrad experience at KCL.
Reply 1196
Original post by lukeforest1997
When did you apply? I applied in mid December to LSE, KCL, UCL and Durham but still waiting back. Also does anybody know when we'll get our LNAT results? I assume we're all just holding on to 'early February'. I've also already got my A levels (A*AA) and undergrad experience at KCL.

Hey, I applied early november, predicted A* AA, and regarding the LNAT I think it's whenever they are ready in early Feb so no one knows.
Nice you sound ready! Best of luck. :smile:
Original post by G3nim0
Hey, I applied early november, predicted A* AA, and regarding the LNAT I think it's whenever they are ready in early Feb so no one knows.
Nice you sound ready! Best of luck. :smile:

Surely they must all be ready if our results become available to our universities the day after we sit our test and the deadline for receiving them in Feb is sitting by Jan 20th?
Reply 1198
Original post by lukeforest1997
Surely they must all be ready if our results become available to our universities the day after we sit our test and the deadline for receiving them in Feb is sitting by Jan 20th?

Nah cause I read someone's post who asked and apparently they have to send them carefully and plan so as not to get seen as spam mail.
Original post by G3nim0
Nah cause I read someone's post who asked and apparently they have to send them carefully and plan so as not to get seen as spam mail.

Is that even an excuse tho that's like me telling the exam office I can't do my exam incase I get a nose bleed like ?? put it in my spam idc

Latest

Trending

Trending