The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gabriella72
I will! And perhaps I'll see you in Edinburgh- it might be nice to know someone on the course already- even if it's only vaguely by name

Good Luck, and (maybe) see you next year! :smile:

Yeah that'd be great! Good luck to you too :smile:

Btw, just out of curiosity, is there anyone who applied in January and received an offer or rejection from King's?
Has anyone even gotten a rejection from Nottingham? what was your: gcses, predictions, AS results (if it applies) and lnat :smile:
Original post by Kitkat5
Has anyone even gotten a rejection from Nottingham? what was your: gcses, predictions, AS results (if it applies) and lnat :smile:

I know someone who got a rejection with AAA predictions and good GCSEs, not sure about their Lnat result though
Reply 1783
You should stay positive! I got a 20, yet Durham gave me an offer back in November and they just confirmed this week I will be going to castle :smile: so I don't think Durham cares too much about the LNAT, or if they do, personal statements and predicted grades are more important
Reply 1784
Original post by Allym88888
Got 22:frown:
Still waiting to hear back from King's PPL and Durham. Not sure about my chances from either

You should stay positive! I got a 20, yet Durham gave me an offer back in November and they just confirmed this week I will be going to castle :smile: so I don't think Durham cares too much about the LNAT, or if they do, personal statements and predicted grades are more important
Original post by gab6723
does kings have a good night life and are the students all about academics because I'm more ab the social life and it doesnt seem like I'm the stereotypical offer holder like I'm into partying n make up n fashion rather than studying, will I fit in?

I am lit the same- that's why I am swaying more towards Bristol bc it seems like party central
Reply 1786
Original post by gab6723
does kings have a good night life and are the students all about academics because I'm more ab the social life and it doesnt seem like I'm the stereotypical offer holder like I'm into partying n make up n fashion rather than studying, will I fit in?

not sure about king's specifically but I live in London and night life is buzzing, there's always something going on or a club/pub you can go to. if anything the only problem is it'll be expensive
Got offers from Durham, Bristol and Warwick!

Most likely will be firming Warwick as it has a full scholarship on offer for students from my country!
LNAT: 21
IB Predicted: 40 (766 HL)

just got rejected by king's college, do you guys think it was because of my LNAT?

got offers from Warwick (Jan 16) and Birmingham (Late Jan), applied in late December, LNAT taken on 16th Jan
Original post by Kitkat5

Im worried about that too! I also applied to Nottingham but did not get anything from them yet. I just got rejected by King's, and I heard Nottingham would even put more focus on LNAT! nooo~ why!!!
Original post by Balander
21 on LNAT but didn't get into KCL or UCL. Got into LSE which was my top choice tbf so I'm happy.
Anyone know what chances I've got to get into Notts? 43 predicted 777

My friend got a 42 (already achieved) and a 22 for LNAT and he got an unconditional offer so I'd say your chances are high!
Original post by sweetcutiepie
Im worried about that too! I also applied to Nottingham but did not get anything from them yet. I just got rejected by King's, and I heard Nottingham would even put more focus on LNAT! nooo~ why!!!

On Nottingham portal it says that they're holding all applications until a certain date when everyone will be considered together, not sure why some people have had offers ages ago in that case but hopefully should hear soon and before March 31st
Original post by gab6723
On Nottingham portal it says that they're holding all applications until a certain date when everyone will be considered together, not sure why some people have had offers ages ago in that case but hopefully should hear soon and before March 31st

there's a portal? :frown: how do I not know about this
Original post by EmmaBowdenx
When did everybody get their offers from Bristol?

Early Jan but applied mid December
Original post by Kitkat5
there's a portal? :frown: how do I not know about this

yeah aha think you would have received an email with your details but this is the link https://mynottingham.nottingham.ac.uk/psp/psprd/EMPLOYEE/EMPL/h/?tab=PAPP_GUEST
Original post by gab6723
yeah aha think you would have received an email with your details but this is the link https://mynottingham.nottingham.ac.uk/psp/psprd/EMPLOYEE/EMPL/h/?tab=PAPP_GUEST

lol thanks i found it haha.
NOTTINGHAM IS MAKING ME SO IMPATIENT
Original post by Kitkat5
lol thanks i found it haha.
NOTTINGHAM IS MAKING ME SO IMPATIENT

They're taking waaaay too long tbf other unis at the same level have given out offers but can't be much longer 😴 Where else have you applied/got offers
Anyone heard from UCL lately, getting worried since the LNAT results..
Original post by gab6723
They're taking waaaay too long tbf other unis at the same level have given out offers but can't be much longer 😴 Where else have you applied/got offers

Nottingham is my only lnat uni :'). I got an offer from Leeds and Exeter and have an interview with York in March.
I want to go to Leeds but want to visit Nottingham (if i get an offer) to see. you?
Reply 1799
Original post by qwerty505
Anyone heard from UCL lately, getting worried since the LNAT results..

me too :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending