The Student Room Group

Need some advice.

Ok so basically met a guy on Grindr, went to his house on the premise we'd just be doing oral stuff. Fooled around a bit then he got on top of me and slid my cock into him. I pushed him off and said no not without a condom. This happened a few times then for some unknown reason idiot me just stopped pushing him off. We did it for probably about 5/10 minutes.

I have never done it without a condom on. I'm freaking out I've caught HIV. I know I can't get tested for a month.

He repeatedly asked me if I was clean. I asked him too and he said yes each time.

I hope I'm just overeacting but I feel like complete crap. I feel violated and I feel like I'm the biggest f****ing idiot in the world for not just pushing him off and leaving.

How worried should I be?
You know the truth. You should be somewhat concerned. But the truth of the matter is even if the statistics of contracting HIV is low you're most likely going to worry obsessively until you are able to get tested and find you have a negative result. You went against your own best judgement. I sincerely hope it will all be okay for you and you've learned a great lesson (assuming you stay clean). But, as you know hookups are extremely risky and you only have this strangers word that he is clean. I wish it was a shorter waiting period for you but only time will tell....

Good luck!
You were the 'top' and so the HIV risk is less.

If he's having casual unprotected sex, there are other things he could have.

If this is with 72 hours of the sex, get down to A and E now and ask about 'PEP', a month long supply of anti-HIV drugs that will reduce the chance still further.
I think you are overreacting and thinking too much .As you are not able to get yourself tested, such thoughts are coming in your mind .It is important to trust your judgement and not have unprotected sex with people who you have met on dating apps, it is too risky. Get Yourself tested as soon as possible just to overcome the fears you have.

Quick Reply

Latest