The Student Room Group

What is the dumbest thing that you have been punished for in school?

Scroll to see replies

I got told off for getting rugby tackled when walking to a lesson :frown:
Hurt a lot and i didnt do a thing to them!
Didnt even know them!
Yet it was my fault :angry:
Reply 81
Original post by SCIENCE :D
My old music teacher used to give people a detention for coughing or sneezing, he was a miserable sod.

I got one for burping
Food tech had a room where you left your bags and stuff before going into the classroom and a **** locked me in there and I was given the first level punishment in the system we had because I was "messing around".
In year 7 we had to bring in `props` for some speech we had to make in English - it was about `why school uniform should be banned` - had my a hoodie in my bag as well, but still got detention... 15 minutes I'll never get back...
Reply 84
Got put in isolation for wearing trainers to school, after my mum already phones school to inform them that my school shoes and broken, AND I already had a note. My school had this ridiculous uniform policy where you would get put in isolation for not wearing a school owned coat during winter (you had to bring it with you everyday during winter term), not wearing black shoes, or if you forgot your planner. You basically got the same punishment as someone who'd been fighting.
I got put in isolation for saying I don't follow any religion during a religious education lesson. :angry:
Okay so that's not really punishment but I've been missing a lot of lessons before my exams so one of my teachers lowered my prediction grades for two modules LOL. I've scored near maximum marks as this is why I was extending my time off - to have independent revision time for past papers etc.
Original post by AnnieGakusei
This wasn't me, but in Year 13 a classmate of mine got in trouble for having tights that showed too much skin through them -- despite the girl sitting next to her having even more revealing tights. When the first girl complained, she was told "we're not talking about [name's] tights, we're talking about YOUR tights."

Kind of daft considering my sixth form didn't even have a dress code.

exactly the same happened to me ..only mine were too thick and opaque ..120 denier ..i was made to take them off in class and my teacher ,she dropped them in the waste basket for everyone to see .
Original post by OvergrownMoose
This is silly; is it even possible to art wrong? :P #Moooose

Do you always end your posts with a moose hashtag lmao?
Original post by lightlyblue
exactly the same happened to me ..only mine were too thick and opaque ..120 denier ..i was made to take them off in class and my teacher ,she dropped them in the waste basket for everyone to see .

also the skirt although blue ..was the wrong shade of blue and the wrong fabric !! at least it was saved from the Bin .
Girl had been crying and her face was red the teacher shouted at me for hitting her because she thought I caused the red marks on her face... :facepalm:
Original post by Little Popcorns
Girl had been crying and her face was red the teacher shouted at me for hitting her because she thought I caused the red marks on her face... :facepalm:

What about getting in trouble for running a spy network?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
What about getting in trouble for running a spy network?

Oh yeah hahaha I was 9
Damaged a primary school teacher and the schools prize winning endangered albino with a 7 foot tall wooden blackboard, expulsion.

In my defence I was sharpening my pencil in a bin next to it and put my weight on a bit of the frame I really shouldn't have.
Reply 94
Chewing gum
Scored too high in a class test... Teacher said I was making the other students feel bad and was suspiciously too high (Honestly didn't cheat!). Imagine the scene from the beginning of Hot Fuzz. Basically that! :biggrin:

"The fact is you're making us all look bad. If we continue to let you run around town (school), you'll continue to be exceptional and put us all out of a job."
Reply 96
I know a guy who got blamed (we blamed) for sh*ting on the floor of the toilet when it wasn't him and was put in seclusion for the day lol
I have two. First, I lost work in the isolation room, and went to my son cell (I'm a lunchtime regular) to look for it and got caught, given two weeks of ISO and detention.
However, on the first day of iso, I could not be bothered with having my huge heavy military boots on when I was sitting, so I took them of and placed them in front of my cell, and got told to put them on, but I hid them in my cell, as there was a piece of wood running the whole amount covering the sight, as well as the other design features. Interview it was toilet time, and I walked of in my socks. Which were plain white thin socks against an black navy uniform. So guess who's punishment was extended by another two weeks?
Still at least I was allowed to take them of later on, of o had black socks, which I never did.
Reply 98
Mine were always for fighting or gobbing off. Seemed trivial to me at the time but looking back, maybe not.
I was suspended for a week for missing my medication. I was depressed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending