The Student Room Group

Job description and responsibilities?

I currently work for Argos as a Customer Service Advisor which involves working in the stock room to put away deliveries or 'picking' which is finding stock to take to the collection point and serve the customers. I am unsure how to word this as a job description and what to include as my responsibilities on my CV as I am applying for an accounting apprenticeship - any help will be appreciated thank you
Reply 1
Original post by mattwrad
I currently work for Argos as a Customer Service Advisor which involves working in the stock room to put away deliveries or 'picking' which is finding stock to take to the collection point and serve the customers. I am unsure how to word this as a job description and what to include as my responsibilities on my CV as I am applying for an accounting apprenticeship - any help will be appreciated thank you

Try searching Google for Argos vacancies, as something like this might give you ideas. You might also find helpful information in your contract or staff handbook.

Your responsibilities will be things like customer service, cash handling (if on tills), general housekeeping (this is a fancy way of saying tidying up), manual handling (fancy way of saying carrying things). If you use any machinery, such as a lifting aid or a handheld computer terminal, then mention this as well.
Hey,

We've got some sector specific advice here on accounting that you might find useful:
http://advice.milkround.com/sector/accounting-finance

Do you have some accounting apprenticeships already lined up to apply for? If you need some more you can check out some here:
http://schoolleavers.milkround.com/jobs/accounting-and-finance/

I hope these help!
Reply 3
I would say you are part of a team that deals with the logistical side of the business, so essentially you're in charge of making sure that there is a consistent flow of trade, with products going in and going out. It's a hard concept to put into words I must admit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending