The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes applicants 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sakisaka
Ah thanks for the reply! It's nice to hear from somebody that actually took the course :smile: I'm also quite relieved because although I want to to theory and practical I really do lean towards theory so it sounds like the course probably does suit me. Now waiting on my offer, hopefully its good news since all my other unis have given me offers and its just Brookes left!

Hi!

Well that sounds perfect then! Fingers crossed and good luck with your application!

Best,

Sophie
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
hi, I really want to go to brookes for business management, the entry requirements are BBB and I'm predicted BCC (due to personal reasons and my as level results weren't as good as expected) will it be likely that I will be offered a place??
Original post by Oxford Brookes University
Hi,

It's difficult to say as it will be different for every course!

I was given a conditional offer of BBB and I got BBC and was still offered a place. I decided to have a year out and reapplied a year later and was offered an unconditional with the BBC that I already had!

Sophie

Hi Sophie, when you got your unconditional with your BBC achieved grades, what where the typical offers for each side of your course? :smile:
Original post by mariegemma
hi, I really want to go to brookes for business management, the entry requirements are BBB and I'm predicted BCC (due to personal reasons and my as level results weren't as good as expected) will it be likely that I will be offered a place??

I'm only a fellow applicant but I'd imagine so, as long as you explain carefully that you could have done better. :smile: ideally get your tutor to do this in your reference.
Hey there! I am applying for Brooke's to do Adult Nursing. Just waiting on my references

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mariegemma

Hi!

I know of people who were accepted onto the Business and Management course with BBC. I can't say how likely it is that you will be given a conditional offer I'm afraid! But, remember Admissions will take references, personal statement and AS results into account!

Good luck!

Sophie
Original post by Yassay132
Hi,
Who's applying to Oxford Brookes? Have you had any offers yet and when did you send off your application? Also, do they do unconditionals?

Hello! I got an offer a few weeks ago from Brooke's to study Politics and International Relations. I still haven't chosen where to go yet but I think it is definitely going to be Brookes, just waiting for the applicant day!
I've applied for Primary Teacher Education, sent off my application today!
I applied for Psychology and got my offer last week :smile:
Sent my application off almost three weeks ago and still no response :frown: Hoping it's still being considered. I've received all my offers other than here
I've applied for English Language and Communication and Japanese Studies :hello:
Original post by Quixote.
I've applied for English Language and Communication and Japanese Studies :hello:

Englang and Communication joint honours here too!
Original post by Sakisaka
Sent my application off almost three weeks ago and still no response :frown: Hoping it's still being considered. I've received all my offers other than here

Probably not what you wanted to hear but just thanks for posting this, it's reassured me as I'm still waiting for my offer after a long time too and keep seeing people getting offers from Brookes after like 2 days, at least we're not alone in having to wait longer!
Apparently if you're applying for joint honours though it does take longer as both departments have to see it, if this applies to you.
Original post by SabbyCat
Englang and Communication joint honours here too!

What are you combining it with? :smile:
Original post by Quixote.
What are you combining it with? :smile:

English Literature. Might go single after Year 1 though :smile:
I have an unconditional to study Education Studies and an Interview on the 26th January for Primary Education!
Original post by ben_offical97
I have an unconditional to study Education Studies and an Interview on the 26th January for Primary Education!

Hi Ben,

Good luck with the interview!

You might be interested to look at the School of Education's guide for prospective students who are attending an interview, including what to wear and what to bring with you.

http://www.education.brookes.ac.uk/Studying/Routes-into-teaching/Teaching-course-interviews/

All the best,

Sophie
Original post by ben_offical97

I have the same interview as you! Good luck with yours! :smile:
Got an unconditional today for English!
Gj to everyone that got their offers! Out of curiosity how long did it take for you guys to get a response, and anyone applying for media communications??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending