The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes applicants 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hello! Just got an invite to an interview for adult nursing (Oxford campus). First thing I've got through UCAS other than Middlesex's tests and Brighton's rejection. Is it bad that I'm already nervous?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by BethGMull
I also have the same interview date for Primary Education! :h:

You thought about your 5 min activity, also do have what you have to read before you go?
Reply 62
I got offered a conditional offer for English Lit/ Publishing Media!!!
Original post by mathsaddict1234
Do you know if it possible for someone to get an unconditional with BBC predicted grades for Accounting and Finance which is BBB, but haven't done the A levels yet?

I've got an Unconditional for English Literature which is BBB entry and my predicted grades are ABB but I think personal statement helps a lot! Hope this helps :smile:
I've got a conditional for adult nursing !!!! :biggrin:
Original post by rebecca-27
I've got a conditional for adult nursing !!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations! I've also applied for adult nursing for the Oxford campus. Was this with an interview? How was it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LouiseTheStudent
Congratulations! I've also applied for adult nursing for the Oxford campus. Was this with an interview? How was it?

thank you !! yep i had my interview in December and it was absolutely fine !!
Original post by rebecca-27
thank you !! yep i had my interview in December and it was absolutely fine !!

I'm glad to hear the interview was fine. Mine is on the 9th
Sent mine off in November, got all my offers almost instantly other than this, do you think it's about time to start expecting a rejection or is anyone in the same boat as me? Media, communication, and culture course.
I have applied for Primary Education and sent my UCAS off yesterday! Hope they don't take too long to get back :smile:
Reply 70
I currently have an unconditional offer for English Lit at Brookes. I was wondering, if I decide in September that I wish to change to joint honours English Lit with Communication, Culture and Media, would this be possible?
Original post by EnyaS
I currently have an unconditional offer for English Lit at Brookes. I was wondering, if I decide in September that I wish to change to joint honours English Lit with Communication, Culture and Media, would this be possible?

I'm not sure, I think your best bet would be emailing the English lit person (the email should be in a course booklet) and asking- I'm sure your head of 6th form will know too!
Reply 72
Hi I've got an conditional offer for biomedical science! Anyone going to the applicant day in march?
Reply 73
Hello! I'm on an Access Course and applied for International Relations and Sociology on the 5th of January.

I know it's too soon to worry but people on the same course as me (but applying for different courses) have already heard back from Oxford Brookes, some with offers, one with an interview. It has got me nervous about not hearing anything back and I hope it's not because I'm a mature student coming back into education :frown:
~If anyone can offer something other than wine to calm my nerves that would be great!

(Congratulations on all the offers though everyone xoxoox)

-Allie
Original post by Damzel
Hello! I'm on an Access Course and applied for International Relations and Sociology on the 5th of January.

I know it's too soon to worry but people on the same course as me (but applying for different courses) have already heard back from Oxford Brookes, some with offers, one with an interview. It has got me nervous about not hearing anything back and I hope it's not because I'm a mature student coming back into education :frown:
~If anyone can offer something other than wine to calm my nerves that would be great!

(Congratulations on all the offers though everyone xoxoox)

-Allie

I wouldn't worry, obviously you can't tell if you get an offer or not but just because they have not replied yet does not mean you don't have a chance, if anything it means they are considering about giving you an offer. I applied back in November and just got my offer today (Thrilled) so they really can just take time.

I can't say that you passed however if you really didn't meet the criteria they would have rejected you already ^^
Anyone else applied for philosophy? Got an unconditional 😌
Original post by EnyaS

Hello,

There is usually room to change your course in the first few months of starting so don't worry! If you decide you want to change course, or go for a joint honours our Student Central team will tell you the process.

Sophie
Reply 77
Original post by Rebeccamary16
Anyone else applied for philosophy? Got an unconditional 😌

I got an unconditional for Philosophy too!
Reply 78
Original post by Oxford Brookes University
Hello,

There is usually room to change your course in the first few months of starting so don't worry! If you decide you want to change course, or go for a joint honours our Student Central team will tell you the process.

Sophie

That's great thank you! After looking into the joint honours course I decided to apply to that too :smile:
Reply 79
Do we know roughly what the turn around time is for them to get back to us? Nervous about whether I will get an offer or not :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending