The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes applicants 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EnyaS
That's great thank you! After looking into the joint honours course I decided to apply to that too :smile:

Good to hear. I did English with Communication, Media and Culture too. I would recommend! :h:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Damzel
Do we know roughly what the turn around time is for them to get back to us? Nervous about whether I will get an offer or not :frown:

Hi, the wait time will be different for everybody so don't panic! You can always call the Admissions Office on 01865 483040 or [email protected].

Good luck!
Anyone here gonna study history next year?
Reply 83
Original post by Oxford Brookes University
Good to hear. I did English with Communication, Media and Culture too. I would recommend! :h:

Nice! I have a few questions about the course actually. I saw that English Literature is based at Headington whilst Media is based at Harcourt Hill, how did you find travelling between both campuses? And if you stayed in halls, which accommodation did you choose based on this?
Reply 84
Original post by Damzel
Do we know roughly what the turn around time is for them to get back to us? Nervous about whether I will get an offer or not :frown:

It took just over 2 weeks for me. How long have you been waiting? :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by EnyaS
It took just over 2 weeks for me. How long have you been waiting? :smile:

About three weeks for me, so a similar amount of time x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EnyaS
Nice! I have a few questions about the course actually. I saw that English Literature is based at Headington whilst Media is based at Harcourt Hill, how did you find travelling between both campuses? And if you stayed in halls, which accommodation did you choose based on this?

Hi,
I stayed at Clive Booth which is only a 10 min walk from Headington. Harcourt Hill is known to be a lot quieter, although this will change in a few years with departmental moves to the campus.

The travelling wasn't too bad. Sometimes there was a lot of traffic but the tutor are usually really understanding if you are ever late. So many people do that journey so the bus ride is never too lonely!

Hope this helps and good luck with everything.

Sophie
Reply 87
*prays to Gods of Oxford Brookes for a response*
Unconditional in English Literature - accepted as soon as I got it! I'm so excited to go, beautiful university in a beautiful place!

Spoiler

Reply 90
Anyone apply for accounting and finance?
I am, I have an unconditional for accounting and finance.
Original post by trvxx
Anyone apply for accounting and finance?
Reply 92
Original post by ChErRy123456
I am, I have an unconditional for accounting and finance.

Same, are you going to firm?
Yeah I've already firmed.
Original post by trvxx
Same, are you going to firm?
Reply 94
Yeah I've already firmed.

You going to the applicant day this Saturday or have you already been?
Yeah I'm going, I went to the open day last year and apparently it's pretty much the same.
Original post by trvxx
You going to the applicant day this Saturday or have you already been?
What accommodation is best to go for, Clive Booth or Cheney??
Reply 97
Yeah I'm going, I went to the open day last year and apparently it's pretty much the same.

Did you get to look at any of the accommodation
What accommodation is best to go for, Clive Booth or Cheney??

I'm not going for either, depending on how many hours you'll spend in lectures seems a shame to be on campus all the time. But In all fairness it's all so exspensive so I'm stuck either way 😢😢
No I'm going to look at them on saturday but i don't want to be too far away from Headington.
Original post by trvxx
Did you get to look at any of the accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending