The Student Room Group

Schools or Colleges offering GCSE qualification in Health and Social Care

Hi
I am in year 10 studying in Salisbury. I need help in registering for the Health and Social care GCSE qualification
Would you kindly suggest any Schools or colleges offering the qualification for external students in and around Salisbury/Wiltshire
Thank you very much for the help
Reply 1
I would be very surprised if there was anywhere. You would have to undertake the controlled assessment, (which is extensive) at the centre and the centre would have to be prepared to mark it. Even if there is a centre prepared to do this it is likely to be very expensive.

Why do you want to take H&S?
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
I would be very surprised if there was anywhere. You would have to undertake the controlled assessment, (which is extensive) at the centre and the centre would have to be prepared to mark it. Even if there is a centre prepared to do this it is likely to be very expensive.

Why do you want to take H&S?

Thank you very much for the reply.
I am considering medicine as a career and I thought it would make my application strong and make the interview panel feel I am serious about medicine
Reply 3
Original post by aimsky
Thank you very much for the reply.
I am considering medicine as a career and I thought it would make my application strong and make the interview panel feel I am serious about medicine

It's not a very well regarded GCSE - very few (if any) private schools or grammar schools offer it for that reason. I very much doubt it would help your application.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
It's not a very well regarded GCSE - very few (if any) private schools or grammar schools offer it for that reason. I very much doubt it would help your application.

Thank you- very helpful.
All my attempts contacting n number of schools was unsuccessful and I gave up
Now, I do not need to worry much

Quick Reply

Latest