The Student Room Group

Boyfriend hasn't text in 3 days

I've been with him long distance for a month and when we talk, we talk really affectionately, tells me he loves me etc. He's done this before and came back telling me he has a phone problem so can't text, plus where he lives his wifi isn't the best. I see him online on Facebook sometimes though so he could've just messaged me on there? :/ I last said hello to him on whatsapp 3 days ago, the message hasn't been read OR delivered so he just hasn't been on whatsapp at all. Should I say hello to him on Facebook too or does this seem too keen now?

It's honestly driving me mad, the more he doesn't speak to me, the more distant I feel and if he leaves it a bit longer, I'm just going to start losing interest. Even if he has nothing significant to say, just telling me how he's doing would make me feel at ease.

Scroll to see replies

Maybe he's not feeling well or something or is really busy? You could maybe try asking if hes ok? Maybe hes got lots of work to do or something and is trying to avoid phone for a while so he doesn't get distracted and hasn't got your messages yet?
Why don't you call him?
Reply 3
Original post by discoball
Maybe he's not feeling well or something or is really busy? You could maybe try asking if hes ok? Maybe hes got lots of work to do or something and is trying to avoid phone for a while so he doesn't get distracted and hasn't got your messages yet?

I want to message him on Facebook messenger, but he told me that he doesn't like to talk on Facebook, and prefers to use whatsapp instead hence I don't ever contact him on Facebook. I can't get through to him at all on whatsapp, but I don't want to annoy him by texting on Facebook when he told me he 'doesn't like it' and won't tell me why he doesn't. It just makes me feel sad because he doesn't have even five minutes to talk to me, yet will come back telling me how much he's missed me, how I was all he thought about and couldn't wait to call me (we were supposed to call yesterday actually but he's been awol for 3 days). Maybe I'm just overreacting, I don't know. :s-smilie:
Original post by phunky_fresh
Why don't you call him?

Or not. Just message him on fb
Reply 5
Why don't you call him?

He is abroad at the moment, the only way we can call is with via whatsapp call, but nothing is going through on whatsapp, even messages aren't being delivered, he's told me before he was internet problems, and whatsapp doesn't work sometimes. The only other thing I can think of is Facebook as he seems active on there, but I don't know if I should wait another day and hope to hear something from him, or to contact him via Facebook when he's told me he doesn't like talking on Facebook.
Reply 6
Or not. Just message him on fb

He is actually online on Facebook messenger and this really frustrates me because he can happily talk to people on there clearly, yet doesn't seem to care about his girlfriend who has been waiting for 3 days to hear from him.
Original post by Anonymous
He is actually online on Facebook messenger and this really frustrates me because he can happily talk to people on there clearly, yet doesn't seem to care about his girlfriend who has been waiting for 3 days to hear from him.

If he is abroad then he may be busy or the signal may not be great, just call him when he comes back.
Reply 8
Original post by Rock Fan
If he is abroad then he may be busy or the signal may not be great, just call him when he comes back.

But I just think if he is so busy, how does he have the time to keep coming on Facebook messenger? He complains about having poor wifi, well how is Facebook working then? He says his whatsapp doesn't work, he can easily message me via Facebook. I really don't want to lose trust in him, but I just can't take him seriously and I just feel disinterested. Am I overreacting?
just message him on FB, seems weird that he 'doesn't like' communicating on FB, but just message and ask him what's up and why he isn't replying
But I just think if he is so busy, how does he have the time to keep coming on Facebook messenger? He complains about having poor wifi, well how is Facebook working then? He says his whatsapp doesn't work, he can easily message me via Facebook. I really don't want to lose trust in him, but I just can't take him seriously and I just feel disinterested. Am I overreacting?

I think you are overreacting a little bit, facebook can still work on a poor wifi.
Original post by Emma_Sparrow
just message him on FB, seems weird that he 'doesn't like' communicating on FB, but just message and ask him what's up and why he isn't replying

Yeah it is weird he doesn't like communicating on FB, I asked him why and he said 'er I don't know, I just don't' I didn't want to come across clingy to him so I have been avoiding contacting him via FB and I've been trying to patiently wait for him to message me, I will message him in a couple of hours I think :s-smilie: I don't even have anything really significant to say to him, I just want us to talk about anything as it feels like we haven't talked in forever!
Original post by Rock Fan
I think you are overreacting a little bit, facebook can still work on a poor wifi.

but then why can't he at least message me on there to let me know if he's alright, or if his whatsapp isn't working which is why he doesn't reply etc, it just makes me feel like I'm his lowest priority and he couldn't care less about maintaining this relationship, yet he was the one who kept persuading me to give our long distance relationship a chance in the first place
but then why can't he at least message me on there to let me know if he's alright, or if his whatsapp isn't working which is why he doesn't reply etc, it just makes me feel like I'm his lowest priority and he couldn't care less about maintaining this relationship, yet he was the one who kept persuading me to give our long distance relationship a chance in the first place

Keep calm, like I said just either call him and drop him a message and ask is he ok, maybe he is a bit busy to message you all the time.
Just send him a message letting him know you're worried that you haven't heard from him and that you hope he is ok, it's not clingy, it's showing him you care about his well-being, even if he is busy or sick he really should let you know he won't be able to speak for a while
Reply 15
Is this a internet relationship? Lol

Just message him on facebook for gods sake! Its only been 3 days not 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This has happened to me many times before. Do you have his house phone number? Perhaps the number of someone he is living with?

Don't worry about it, he is not going to forget about you.
Original post by Emma_Sparrow
Just send him a message letting him know you're worried that you haven't heard from him and that you hope he is ok, it's not clingy, it's showing him you care about his well-being, even if he is busy or sick he really should let you know he won't be able to speak for a while

Yes you're right, I will send him a Facebook message in a while just saying hi etc. I'm just not used to it I suppose. In my previous relationship, my boyfriend I would call most days and we'd text throughout the day, daily and we were also long distance so my relationship with my new boyfriend is the total opposite.
Original post by A321
Is this a internet relationship? Lol

Just message him on facebook for gods sake! Its only been 3 days not 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not an internet relationship. He is abroad so I can't see him right now. We can only call via whatsapp and his app isn't working, so I can't even call him. I will message him on FB, I just didn't as he specifically told me he doesn't like talking on there.
Original post by Applepiex3
This has happened to me many times before. Do you have his house phone number? Perhaps the number of someone he is living with?

Don't worry about it, he is not going to forget about you.

I do have his sister's number, but I haven't contacted her or anybody he knows because it has only been a few days after all, I'd contact her after maybe something like two weeks if he hadn't spoken to me at all. He is busy most of the day with work but so am I, and I always manage to make time for him. I'll wait a couple of hours and just message him on Facebook.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending