The Student Room Group

How unhealthy are pot noodles? Do you eat them?

The average student tends to get through a few pot noodles in their time, but how unhealthy are they? Are they okay in moderation or are they just awful for our bodies?

Do you eat pot noodles or not, and why? If you do, do you care more about the convenience/flavour than how healthy they are?

I have one every now and then, but don't make a habit of it. I find them quick and filling, but like to add some veg into it to make it seem less awful for me :lol:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BurstingBubbles
The average student tends to get through a few pot noodles in their time, but how unhealthy are they? Are they okay in moderation or are they just awful for our bodies?

Do you eat pot noodles or not, and why? If you do, do you care more about the convenience/flavour than how healthy they are?

I have one every now and then, but don't make a habit of it. I find them quick and filling, but like to add some veg into it to make it seem less awful for me :lol:

In Taiwan we have a lot of pot noodles :rofl: I try not to eat them unless there is a typhoon which gives me an excuse to eat them :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry but they're utterly, utterly disgusting - a chemical concoction dreamt up in a boardroom and produced in some anonymous factory in Slough. I wouldn't feed them to animals, never mind people.
I'm sure exercise would help but not the most filling thing, and neither but healthy but i'm sure it's due to convenience
I can't remember the last time I had one!
For breakfast lunch and dinner
I eat them... Also super noodles... Mug shot noodles... They're probably all awful but hey ho it's quick, cheap and tastes reasonable
Original post by Pinkberry_y
For breakfast lunch and dinner

Ew.
I can't stand them, they're so...soggy. If I want a lazy 'meal' then I'd opt for super noodles or the super cheap packets of noodles.
Reply 9
Don't really eat pot noodles that often. Tbh it's probably been months since I last had one. They taste a bit 'paper-y' to me. The blue one is nice though, whatever flavour it is.

Although mugshot are a bit more edible than pot noodles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A321

Although mugshot are a bit more edible than pot noodles.

Literally, mugshots fuelled me through Gold Dofe, they da best :biggrin:
I don't like pot noodles but I love Tesco and Asda's cheapo packs of noodles instead :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found pot noodles to be absolutely vile. Bachelor's Super Noodles are the only ones which taste edible to me! I always like to have a few packets stowed away in the cupboard incase I run out of food :colondollar:
They're absolutely horrible, i don't get how anyone can eat them they taste like misery and watered down regret. If you want to be cheap and have some food buy Bachelors Mac and cheese, its more filling and doesn't taste like regret....
Reply 14
I prefer koka or mama noodles :bigsmile:
They're literally nothing; it's like eating slightly calorified air
Reply 16
im lowkey craving them but my mum's always like "if you eat them you'll get worms in your stomach" - even tho that's prob not true it still puts me off :lol:
They're like your last resort food, so if you can't cook anything or need a quick meal, pot noodle is the option. From my perspective though, I don't think much of it as it doesn't fill you up but as a last resort option it's useful to have. With that being said though I quite like the Bombay Bad Boy, Chow Mein, Sticky Rib and Doner Kebab flavours.
tbh a microwaved bag of Uncle Ben™'s golden vegetable rice is the same price but far tastier & easier to prepare.

Reply 19
They nearly have a days worth of salt in them. They're very bad unfortunately

Latest