The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Costs of living/travelling for a Londoner

I'm probably applying to Edinburgh do do Language and Linguistics (2005 entry).
I was wondering how much the people already there pay per week on average..?

I can cope on a budget, but what are the minimum costs in Edinburgh, then adding a few luxuries?

Also, what are the best ways of travelling between London and Edinburgh on a budget? Any tricks you know of getting a discount with companies?

I've not had a chance to visit because of the cost, but it seems the best course of the ones I've looked at. Easily.
Reply 1
Hayley...
I'm probably applying to Edinburgh do do Language and Linguistics (2005 entry).
I was wondering how much the people already there pay per week on average..?

I can cope on a budget, but what are the minimum costs in Edinburgh, then adding a few luxuries?

Also, what are the best ways of travelling between London and Edinburgh on a budget? Any tricks you know of getting a discount with companies?

I've not had a chance to visit because of the cost, but it seems the best course of the ones I've looked at. Easily.

Self catering halls are about £250 a month, that's what, £60-65 a week?

Cheapest way to get from London to Edinburgh is probably booking EasyJet as early as you can, much cheaper than the train or bus!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
On the train it should be less than £40 for a return (based on that it costs me £18 return darlington-edinburgh, £20 return darlington-london all booked in advance) check out a site such as thetrainline.com Edinburgh is supposed to be the second most expensive place to live after london. good luck x

Latest

Trending

Trending