The Student Room Group

Aeronautical engineering at Glasgow

I was wondering if anyone here is doing aeronautical engineering at Glasgow, I have received an unconditional offer but I am unsure whether I should take it. I was wondering if anyone else on here is planning on starting in 2017 or if there are any students on here who are currently doing the course if so what are the facilities,staff,industry links and overall feel like?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by CorruptedMoose
I was wondering if anyone here is doing aeronautical engineering at Glasgow, I have received an unconditional offer but I am unsure whether I should take it. I was wondering if anyone else on here is planning on starting in 2017 or if there are any students on here who are currently doing the course if so what are the facilities,staff,industry links and overall feel like?
Thanks

I applied for 2017 entry to Aeronautical at Glasgow and also got an unconditional earlier today. You have time to think about it, but it does seem quite good, especially if you're Scottish, given it's pretty much the only uni to offer an MEng in the subject. Like you, I'm still to do more research on it and hear more from people doing the particular course, but I think it's definitely something to consider choosing.
Original post by myca14
I applied for 2017 entry to Aeronautical at Glasgow and also got an unconditional earlier today. You have time to think about it, but it does seem quite good, especially if you're Scottish, given it's pretty much the only uni to offer an MEng in the subject. Like you, I'm still to do more research on it and hear more from people doing the particular course, but I think it's definitely something to consider choosing.

Yeah what worries me is that it is aeronautical not aerospace, my other main option is Nottingham who want AAB, and that is Aerospace but I have been on one of their mini open days and they talked about their links with industry. I am just unsure on whether Glasgow offers the same links
Reply 3
Yeah what worries me is that it is aeronautical not aerospace, my other main option is Nottingham who want AAB, and that is Aerospace but I have been on one of their mini open days and they talked about their links with industry. I am just unsure on whether Glasgow offers the same links

I was also thinking similar, I went to a Bristol open day, as well as a Glasgow one, and Bristol had much stronger links with industry it seemed. Glasgow also offer Aerospace Systems engineering, and they might allow you to switch to that if you find it more interesting.

Usually the only difference between a degree labelled aeronautical and one labelled aerospace is one module related to space, sometimes it's not even that so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Reply 5
I got offer from Bristol and Nottingham so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest