The Student Room Group

Failed my driving test AGAIN!!! How many attempts did you take to pass?

Scroll to see replies

Passed 1st time, I personally thought it was easy. I only had 30hrs/lessons worth of driving experience prior to my test.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
I had my first test today and I failed for dumb reasons. Its annoying failing for things you did not expect you were going to do instead of failing for things that you tend to do wrong in the lessons. Not that happy but I just put in my head the fact that not everyone passes their test on their first try. My instructor was not surprised because personally for him I need just a little bit more lessons. So I am gonna do another 10 hours and booked my second test for May since our center tends to be booked all the time. That's the issue in being a student in a place where there is three universities and like 2 colleges. If I did not had that stupid 1 dangerous and 2 serious faults I would been passing with 9 minors.
Original post by DarkMindGirl
I had my first test today and I failed for dumb reasons. Its annoying failing for things you did not expect you were going to do instead of failing for things that you tend to do wrong in the lessons. Not that happy but I just put in my head the fact that not everyone passes their test on their first try. My instructor was not surprised because personally for him I need just a little bit more lessons. So I am gonna do another 10 hours and booked my second test for May since our center tends to be booked all the time. That's the issue in being a student in a place where there is three universities and like 2 colleges. If I did not had that stupid 1 dangerous and 2 serious faults I would been passing with 9 minors.

Aw sorry to hear that you failed :hugs:! If it helps I passed on my 3rd attempt, would've passed 1st time but kept stalling during a manoeuvre so examiner had to intervene, and the 2nd attempt had someone sit in observing the examiner so messed up big time, and 3rd attempt I got 6 minors :smile: :redface:!

Chin up, and I hope you pass next time :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarkMindGirl
If I did not had that stupid 1 dangerous and 2 serious faults I would been passing with 9 minors.

And if I hadn't have gotten all those questions wrong on my GCSE exams, I would've passed with straight A*s.
I passed first time after 27.5 hours. Although I read the ultimate pass/fail threads through completely twice each and properly researched and revised best driving practices between lessons. I'm sure that added up to a few hours.
Reply 25
Hey dont give up now. i failed on my first try because I failed to change the gear while doing a 3 point turn and the car went back instead of forward. I was so sad and disappointed in my self because I knew I could've past and I failed because of a stupid mistake ,I was so eager to go back and do my test . I went back after a week and past! I'm so excited and happy . Don't give up now keep trying till you get it
(edited 6 years ago)
I have my 3rd test this weekend I'm crapping myself
Reply 27
Failed my 1st today. Everything was perfect until i straight lined on an empty roundabout😡😡😡
A friend of mine took 3 tries in 6th form to pass...she still drives like a maniac as well :tongue:
Took my test in Dubai.Was the youngest candidate and got it in the first attempt :tongue: It's been a year till today! :biggrin:
Reply 30
I failed 5 times and on the 6th I passed. My instructor joke to me that he is poor now because I finally passed my test because no more lesson for him from me. Do a mental practice like if you are given a lift by someone or riding a bus, pretend that you are the one who is driving of course do it that nobody will see you or they will think that you gone mad, lol!! That help me to control my clutch, break and accelator specially on the junction.
Reply 31
I’ll admit I deserved to fail my first test I got nervous and made stupid mistakes. Second test, I failed on a stupid mistake I’ve never made on any of my lessons. Then my third test was my best, I only got 3 minors and would of passed but while traveling down a 70 road there was someone towing a tractor and I couldn’t see around it so I dropped my speed, although there was no one around me my examiner failed me by giving me a serious for appropriate speed saying it would have held up traffic. Really annoyed by that and debating whether I want to actually sit my test again because at the moment I’d rather not.
Hey Pippastu, My name is Harriet and I am currently working on a documentary project for a top tv channel. We are looking to find people who are currently trying to pass their driving tests against all odds. Can I ask have you passed yours yet? I know you wrote this back in February but I would be really interested in having a chat with you if you haven't. Thanks for your time and do get in touch if you are interested in hearing more. Regards, Harriet
Original post by Electricray
Hey Pippastu, My name is Harriet and I am currently working on a documentary project for a top tv channel. We are looking to find people who are currently trying to pass their driving tests against all odds. Can I ask have you passed yours yet? I know you wrote this back in February but I would be really interested in having a chat with you if you haven't. Thanks for your time and do get in touch if you are interested in hearing more. Regards, Harriet

Sounds like The Undrivables on ITV which was broadcasted in 2014.
Passed 1st time with 0 minors on Friday at Newton Abbot test centre in Devon , only advice I can give is take it easy, no risk taking, observe observe, mirrors mirrors, and more importantly .. breathe!
I passed today on my 4th attempt so dont give up. Keep going till you pass. I've been practicing for 4 years
I've had about over 10 practise driving lessons now and been revising for like 6 months for my theory test. Today I went to take the exam and I got 42/50 for multiple choice and 52/75 for hazard perception :frown: I failed because I was 1 mark way from passing the test over all... I hate my miserable life as it seems I never manage to pass anything.
Original post by mehdihoque83
I've had about over 10 practise driving lessons now and been revising for like 6 months for my theory test. Today I went to take the exam and I got 42/50 for multiple choice and 52/75 for hazard perception :frown: I failed because I was 1 mark way from passing the test over all... I hate my miserable life as it seems I never manage to pass anything.

Don't give up. Which part of the theory test are you struggling with? If you're using a theory test app, you can see the types of questions that you are having trouble with.
I Failed my test for the 1st last Thursday Beacuse I was in the wrong gear pulling of at traffic lights and I rolled back other then that I would of past
Passed second time with 30 hours of lessons. Failed first attempt with 6 minors and 1 serious, passed second time with 2 minors. It's all about being confident. If you're nervous, you'll most likely fail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending