The Student Room Group
isn't the deadline the 15th?
Reply 2
The Deadline for Medicine is 15th October, so if you send it on the 4th you will be fine, actually earlier then alot of people. But just make sure that your school/college has no internal deadlines.
Reply 3
Yep this will be earlier than a lot of the other applicants. I think i'm sending mine off on the 8th.
Reply 4
Why don't you just send it anyway? UKCAT isn't the be-all and end-all.

4th is fine although our school's deadline is 26th September.
Reply 5
If you're sending it through your school/college, then you should consider how long the "checking" processes take - i.e. how long it takes for the admin staff and other people in charge of checking your UCAS application (to the extent of perfection) to finish and finally get an application 'sent off'.

At my college, it apparently takes 1-2 weeks to do (yeah, seems pretty long), which is why we have an earlier, internal deadline of September 26th to get our UCAS applications finished (to the best of our ability).

Otherwise the final deadline is October 15th, like people have said. It doesn't particularly matter when your application is received by admissions tutors - just as long as it's sent off to UCAS before the 15th.
Reply 6
My college's deadline was last week! So I'm finished with that. But am I mistaken in believing that UKCAT will send off your result to your prospective Unis? If this is true, then you can send off you application before your test.
Reply 7
I'm sending it late because i have to prepare everythingggggg my self :frown: . Because my head of year is refusing to support my application as she hates me :frown:
Reply 8
Yes, your UKCAT results eventually make their way to UCAS and to your prospective unis. My college's careers adviser rang up UCAS earlier today, however, and was told that applicants should still put their average or total points scored on the UKCAT under the qualifications section of the application (if they've taken it already, that is).
Reply 9
nimz
I'm sending it late because i have to prepare everythingggggg my self :frown: . Because my head of year is refusing to support my application as she hates me :frown:

I have a solution to that. It involves alot of heavy weapons and beatings. It worked for me :biggrin: . That reminds, Its time for my pills............
Reply 10
nimz

That sucks! Is there noone in your school who will actually support you, like a Bio/ Chem teacher? And why does your head of year hate you? :frown: Go ahead and prove her wrong then! :smile:

As everyone's saying, the deadline for medical applications is 15th October, so you won't be late. The UKCAT is only one element taken into consideration when deciding to offer applicants an interview, so if you don't do too well in it, don't worry too much about it. I went to the Leicester Medical Open Day, and the Lecturer actually said that the uni didn't know what to do with the results! As in, they didn't know what they meant... so why not considering applying there? LOL! :wink:
Reply 11
Before it comes up, sending it early or late within the 1st Sept-15th Oct window makes no difference because you are only sending it to UCAS as an intermediary. They will send applications in batches onto the universities who will have an internally allocated number of interviews/offers they make in each of those. There are then waiting list systems to move suitable candidates from earlier full batches to later batches with spare offers to give.
If you did end up sending it actually late , you'd basically doom yourself immediately.
yeah, sending your application after october 15th is a waste of £20....
I sent mine last year on the 15th, the deadline. You'll be absolutely fine.

As for UKCAT, drink coffee before and get hyped up... its ultra boring.

Latest

Trending

Trending