The Student Room Group

Is there anyone ridiculously taller than their parents?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UnicornQueen
You say that, but have you tried being a female who stands at 6'3" without heels on? xD

Oh ****... I should've said, it doesn't matter as long as you're not ridiculously tall i.e 5ft 10+
My dad is 5'5, my mum is 5ft and I am 6ft. My younger brother is about my height too and still growing.
Original post by Goaded
The top shelf thing has a real impact on my life. I HAVE TO GET ON TOP OF EVERY COUNTER IN THE KITCHEN. Makes my cooking like 10 minutes longer.

learn rock climbing
both of my parents are short and I'm 6'3. You're only 15 so you will grow more in the next few years
Original post by Angry Bird
both of my parents are short and I'm 6'3. You're only 15 so you will grow more in the next few years

How tall are your parents?
Original post by fishy789

my mum is around 5 ft 5, dad is probably 5 ft 7
Reply 26
Original post by DogeOfDisaproval
My dad is 5'5, my mum is 5ft and I am 6ft. My younger brother is about my height too and still growing.

Original post by Angry Bird
my mum is around 5 ft 5, dad is probably 5 ft 7

Tall mailmen
Original post by Yaboi
Tall mailmen

My Dad was a mailman but he wasn't tall... maybe it was the milk man.
how can u be so tall when ur parents are so short for some of the people here
Original post by cbreef
Oh ****... I should've said, it doesn't matter as long as you're not ridiculously tall i.e 5ft 10+

Aha xD It does have it's benefits but can get annoying. Especially when your family tries getting you in heels when you're already taller than everyone else xD
Original post by Yaboi
Tall mailmen

:toofunny:

Original post by UnicornQueen
Aha xD It does have it's benefits but can get annoying. Especially when your family tries getting you in heels when you're already taller than everyone else xD

Mad men, all of them!

You must get some weird looks from people at times...
Original post by cbreef
:toofunny:

Mad men, all of them!

You must get some weird looks from people at times...

I'm used to the weird looks now xD It's either my height or my style :h:
Original post by fishy789
Just to clarity, I'm not ridiculously taller than my parents. I'm a 5'6 15 year old male and my parents are both 5'2. I don't feel as if I've had any major growth spurts but I was wondering how much taller than my parents I can get. My grandparents were 4'8 and 5'3 (dad's side) and 5'5 and 5'7.5 (mum's side). I also had a 6'3 great grandfather (mum's side). Is it too late for me to get a growth spurt and how much taller than my parents can I get?

i'm 6'2 and im the tallest on both sides of my family
Original post by LeUselessCommie
i'm 6'2 and im the tallest on both sides of my family

My mom and i have the same height. We are both 5'5" tall while my father's height is 5'8". My 2 brothers are taller than my dad, the eldest is 5'9" and the youngest is 6 flat.

But i dont complain with my heights. i am already thankful because i am way taller than my girl cousins. Lol
Original post by Goaded
and i'm freaking 5'5, how did that happen loool

HAHAHAH
Nah sadly not me . I am 17 female yet still shorter than both my parents . Probably it’s genes I guess ..... my dad is 160cm+ and my mum is about 158cm . I am 148/149cm .
hu
My dad and mom are 5'6, and I am 6'5, 11 inches taller than both.
Original post by username2334187

My gramps was like 5"6 and my grandpa was 5"4 and my uncle is like 6"3 lol.but i heard my grandpas dad was tall so i guess its possible a gene can skip a generation maybe
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest