The Student Room Group

Barts and The London (QMUL) Dentistry 2023 Entry

Welcome to the Barts and The London (QMUL) Dentistry 2023 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2023 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2023 Entry Applicants’ Thread - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Hi allI have a question to the UCAS application platform. Since my son will be still under 18 at entry, the number of med school choices available are only a handful. Other universities are willing to accept the application for 2023 entry, however they would offer a deferred entry to 2024, if successful. So we decided to mix options in UCAS, i.e., start year 2023 and start year 2024. One of the unis told us that this is not possible as one must enter a single start year in the UCAS platform.I called UCAS and they told me that such 'mixing' is possible as long as the particular uni offers a deferred entry option. Anyone here has experience with this? I want to avoid surprises during the actual application in Oct. Thanks!
Original post by Saketram
Hi allI have a question to the UCAS application platform. Since my son will be still under 18 at entry, the number of med school choices available are only a handful. Other universities are willing to accept the application for 2023 entry, however they would offer a deferred entry to 2024, if successful. So we decided to mix options in UCAS, i.e., start year 2023 and start year 2024. One of the unis told us that this is not possible as one must enter a single start year in the UCAS platform.I called UCAS and they told me that such 'mixing' is possible as long as the particular uni offers a deferred entry option. Anyone here has experience with this? I want to avoid surprises during the actual application in Oct. Thanks!

The application itself that you start for this year in the 2022/23 cycle will be for 2023 entry unless you click on the defer application option. I believe there’s only one button which defers all of your options, there is no option to mix and match (I.e. some deferred and some not). I will check this with fellow UCAS advisors but for now, assume you can either defer all applications for 2024 or all must be for 2023 entry.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
The application itself that you start for this year in the 2022/23 cycle will be for 2023 entry unless you click on the defer application option. I believe there’s only one button which defers all of your options, there is no option to mix and match (I.e. some deferred and some not). I will check this with fellow UCAS advisors but for now, assume you can either defer all applications for 2024 or all must be for 2023 entry.

Hey Thanks!
Pls see the first image. This is a screenshot of the first UCAS step from 2021/22 cycle. Is the single button you are mentioning this one?
See the second image. This is the last step where you could choose the start date for a particular school.
Hey Thanks!
Pls see the first image. This is a screenshot of the first UCAS step from 2021/22 cycle. Is the single button you are mentioning this one?
See the second image. This is the last step where you could choose the start date for a particular school.

The first image simply shows which cycle you’d like your application to be for.

The second image is more relevant to your question I think and allows you to defer your application. If you have that option for all your choices, then you can do a mix and match. If that option is only available once, then if you choose to defer, it applies to all your options.
Hey Thanks!

The first image simply shows which cycle you’d like your application to be for.

The second image is more relevant to your question I think and allows you to defer your application. I’ve just checked and you should have the option to choose 2023 or 2024 start for all of your course options, so you can ‘mix and match’ deferrals.
Reply 6
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me out!
Just did my UCAT with a score of 2350 - a very low ucat score. Even though I was achieving over 2600 on medify.
My GCSEs are pretty solid with having 9s and 2 8s.
I'm not sure where to apply.
I have done a bit of research for university options that don't prioritize the UCAT as much.
Eg. Cardiff
Plymouth
Birmingham
Liverpool
I just want an opinion if I should apply to Glasgow. Their ucat cut-off score last year was around 2500. Would it be a good idea or is it too risky?
Reply 7
I just got A*AA alevels this summer and ucat 2610 band 2
Do you think I’ll get an interview?
Hi I just did my UCAT a couple of weeks ago and got 2720 and band 1
My GCSEs are all 9 and 8s but I’m not sure if they take them into account

my a levels are predicted at A*AA and I got an A* in EPQ however my A* isn’t in chemistry or biology but is in psychology would i still be invited to interview
When will interview offers be released?
Hello, does anyone know if QMUL does gateway dentistry from first year biomed

like ik at St Georges the top 10 students in first year biomed can transfer to medicine, is there a similar opportunity at queens?
Hi has anyone else who is taking a gap year received an email from admissions saying what they’re going to do during their gap year?
Reply 12
Original post by anon123456789!
Hi has anyone else who is taking a gap year received an email from admissions saying what they’re going to do during their gap year?

no. i dont get why anyone would, aren't you supposed to write all that on your personal statement

I havent when did u get that?
Original post by A.B72
no. i dont get why anyone would, aren't you supposed to write all that on your personal statement

not sure tbh. I didnt mention what I was planning on doing in my gap year in my PS presumed it would be asked at int
Yeah I didn’t mention what I was going to do during my gap year so maybe that’s why I asked but I got the email on the 1st November and the deadline to send it was 7th November.

Original post by suiii77
I havent when did u get that?
Yeah I didn’t mention what I was going to do during my gap year so maybe that’s why I asked but I got the email on the 1st November and the deadline to send it was 7th November.

Weird I didnt either and I dont think I was sent that ill have a double check. Yeah weird I wasn't sent an email hopefully thats not a bad thing
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi guys I wanted anyone else's thoughts I was looking at Barts admission stats for last year 2021 and 2020 and noticed the number of interviews given last year were much lower than previous years 2020-21 it was lets say like roughly 300ish a bit more I cba to look up exacts however last year less applied than those years being like 623 I wanna say and of that 115 interviews given I did see someone say for 1 year group at Barts the Cohort size was nearly double so I was wondering if you think the drop in ints given was like a knock on affect from that or do you think they are just gonna keep the no. of ints given that low again this window?
sorry for the confusion, but it does seem like barts only looks at a levels in decision making.
Original post by patpatpong
sorry for the confusion, but it does seem like barts only looks at a levels in decision making.

No worries thanks for clarifying

Quick Reply

Latest