The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford MSc Education applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaxaDeans
Hey crystalmag125!

I got an interview but did not progress beyond that. My interview went okay, fine but not great. I received the infamous 2am rejection email a few weeks after the interview. I know many people are desperate for Oxford so but it actually wasn't my first choice so it is not the end of the world. It is such a small course and I firmly believe that no one should take getting rejected from Oxbridge personally. There are more qualified applicants than places. I'm actually still really excited that I got to the interview stage because that shows they saw potential in my application. I've offers for Cambridge, TCD and KCL so I'm doing fine.

Thats absolutely fine! You will do amazing wherever you go! All the very best. :smile:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Hey guys,
I’m currently a final-year student at university of bristol and is planning to apply to Oxford Msc Child development and education.
I am wondering about the application process. Did you guys contact any professor before applying? Also, for the 2000 words essay, can it be policy brief that is related to children?
Original post by EmiEmi999
Hey guys,
I’m currently a final-year student at university of bristol and is planning to apply to Oxford Msc Child development and education.
I am wondering about the application process. Did you guys contact any professor before applying? Also, for the 2000 words essay, can it be policy brief that is related to children?

Hi! I applied by the jan 2022 deadline. Did you Apply? If yes, did you hear back?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I applied by the jan 2022 deadline. Did you Apply? If yes, did you hear back?

Hey! I applied the Jan deadline too, tho I submitted it Mid-December, but still haven’t heard anything! I am not sure whether we need an interview or not for our course. If we do, I have little hope for getting the offer then.
Hey! I applied the Jan deadline too, tho I submitted it Mid-December, but still haven’t heard anything! I am not sure whether we need an interview or not for our course. If we do, I have little hope for getting the offer then.

Hello Emi! Yes, we do have interviews according to the oxford website. I haven't heard back yet, so I am in the same boat as you
Hello Emi! Yes, we do have interviews according to the oxford website. I haven't heard back yet, so I am in the same boat as you

Hey! I think you are the same person who I am replying on the Oxford thread also?
Hi everyone! I applied to MSc Education (Digital and Social Change) by the Jan deadline and have not heard back. Did anyone else who applied to the same program receive an interview invite?
Hey! I think you are the same person who I am replying on the Oxford thread also?

Hi! Yes that’s true!
Hi! Yes that’s true!

I saw previous applicants got their interview invites around 20th of Feb, and got their offer around mid March. So, hopefully we will get interview invite next week or so!
I saw previous applicants got their interview invites around 20th of Feb, and got their offer around mid March. So, hopefully we will get interview invite next week or so!

Fingers crossed! I’ll keep you posted. Good luck!
Original post by crystalmag125
Hey, I am in the same pathway. I got accepted. Looking for people who are in this pathway!

Hiya. May I ask a timeline please? I just had my interview this Tuesday and in the terrible waiting lol.
Reply 31
Original post by SukimaSL9
Hiya. May I ask a timeline please? I just had my interview this Tuesday and in the terrible waiting lol.

I waited 2 weeks and 4 days for my offer!
Original post by SMW84
I waited 2 weeks and 4 days for my offer!

Wow thank you very much for the reply! Today marks two weeks sharp from my interview, so I imagine I should be able to know the outcome this week or next week. Really wanna make it to the end. And do you like the course so far?
Reply 33
Wow thank you very much for the reply! Today marks two weeks sharp from my interview, so I imagine I should be able to know the outcome this week or next week. Really wanna make it to the end. And do you like the course so far?

I am a 2023 MSc start, but I applied for November deadline. I got my offer 8 days ago, with a 2
week and 4 day gap between interview and offer. I was thrilled. Good luck!
Ah brilliant! Congratulations! Hope I can also get elated over the moon in two weeks time haha.
Did you hear back?
Ah brilliant! Congratulations! Hope I can also get elated over the moon in two weeks time haha.
Original post by bakersurfer
Did you hear back?

Not yet. But should be this week I think. Checking email every 10 minutes now.
Can imagine!!

Which MSc in Education track have you applied for? I have applied for MSc in Education (Comparative and International Education) for the March 1 deadline.
Not yet. But should be this week I think. Checking email every 10 minutes now.
Original post by bakersurfer
Can imagine!!

Which MSc in Education track have you applied for? I have applied for MSc in Education (Comparative and International Education) for the March 1 deadline.

RDM! And January deadline for me. So I should hear back two weeks earlier than you haha
Yeah! How was your interview? And when did you they send the interview invite to you?
RDM! And January deadline for me. So I should hear back two weeks earlier than you haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending