The Student Room Group

The Trains Society.

tyd
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This is just... so cool! :yep:
For extra coolness, you should call it the "Trainz" Society.
Reply 2
This is the best society ever created ;yes;

Now my practical has finished, I can look for a soc logo ;yes;
Reply 3
I'm not great atfinding logos [I'm sure someone is better than me!], ut how about this [attatched]? It's the logo currently on the side of all GNER trains [but I bet it goes when the franchise runs out :frown:]
I almost bought a London Underground map Poster today at the poster sale :proud:

I has finded pics for you!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 5
I don't much like trains, actually.
Reply 6
I like that first pic. Doesn't the soc logo have to be avatar-sized though?
Reply 7
The lego train will look good sized down. I dont think anyof the other will though.
the first one has better visual impact. although the lego one is cool, it wouldnt be so obvious at 100x100 pixels.
Reply 9
That's true.

*tries to work out which Tube station the Tube pic is from*

It must be on the Met line cos it says so on the train ;yes;
Crisps
That's true.

It must be on the Met line cos it says so on the train ;yes;

I think it's towards the North - West of Central London, by Paddington where there are a few stations on the outside.
wesetters
I think I've been there, but I'm not as good at the London stations...

Looks familiar to me too.
Reply 12
I've never been on the Paris metro. I've been in a station though [[think it was near the Sacre Coeur],andit was very basic. Just a hole on the ground with a ticket machine and some barriers.
Reply 13
I was at least expecting to find a ticket office! There was just a single machine!
The new station at Shepherds Bush won't have ticket offices. I think since Oyster is so popular, they're getting rid of them.
Reply 15
Hello everyone,

I came on because I have a train-related query, and there's already a thread on trains here that's going steady! :-)

I have to travel tomorrow morning. Can I use my Student Railcard on a Saturday at half 8 in the morning? I think there are some restrictions on weekdays regarding times. I've checked the young persons railcard website and it doesn't say anything about weekend restrictions on there, so I'm hoping I'll be okay. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance!
I quite like the lego one!
That's true.

It must be on the Met line cos it says so on the train

That's a toughie. Methinks it's between Baker Street and Aldgate...
Reply 18
Nobody knows anything about my query regarding student railcards then?
Reply 19
Train spotting is not teh coolness and it never will be. Sorry chaps. :p:

Quick Reply

Latest