The Student Room Group

The Trains Society.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Jangrafess
South West Trains annoucement today: "There are major delays on the 11.41 service to Reading, because the train is still at Waterloo."

:rofl:
Reply 781
wesetters
I hope that doesn't mean every other passenger was hurt :s-smilie:

It happened early this morning, so it may well have been that therer were only six passengers on the train
Jangrafess
I always thought it was the noise of the electricity crackling along the tracks.

Does electricity hiss like that though? And surely it'd happen non-stop given the rail is always live? It makes my think of hydraulics for some reason, but I don't think that'd explain anything on the railways.

I might write to Southern and ask them. It's been driving me nuts ever since I noticed it.
Reply 783
Crisps
It happened early this morning, so it may well have been that therer were only six passengers on the train

thats how it sounded when it was on local news this morning.
dogtanian
Does electricity hiss like that though? And surely it'd happen non-stop given the rail is always live? It makes my think of hydraulics for some reason, but I don't think that'd explain anything on the railways.

I might write to Southern and ask them. It's been driving me nuts ever since I noticed it.

I've noticed that a lot on the London Underground. Like Jangrafess, I just assumed it was some electricity thing!
It's ok, I prefer others.
Reply 787
Could be worse, i suppose.
Reply 788
i llike it, wouldve been better with some flames though
Reply 789
It'll be interesting to see how the new XC livery looks on their HST sets when they get overhauled. I'm thnking the locos will be that pinkey/purpley colour, and the coaches will be silver and pink. Much prefer the originally proposed livery though...
Reply 790
liverys should be given to an 8 year old. else they end up abit too bland.
Reply 791
I'd rather have them looking smart than colourful. The ex-GNER livery was bland, but it oozed quality
Reply 792
You dont think go faster stripes would prevent delays then?
Reply 793
dh00001
You dont think go faster stripes would prevent delays then?

There'd be a heck of a lot of strped trains if that was the case :p:
Reply 794
itd take alot of stripes per train too :p:
Reply 795
Reply 796
Whose idea was bright pink and burgundy??? Oh dear...they should have employed a designer... instead of choosing the cheapest colours on the shelf!
Aww I think it's pretty groovy.
Reply 798
~Kirsty~
Whose idea was bright pink and burgundy??? Oh dear...they should have employed a designer... instead of choosing the cheapest colours on the shelf!

They probably did employ a designer :p:
Reply 799
A blind designer?

Quick Reply

Latest