Crisps
:hmpf: TfL rejected me for their graduate scheme :frown:

Sorry to hear that Crisps :frown:
Where are you gonna look now Crisps?
Reply 982
God knows...
Crisps
God knows...

First Great Western! First Great Western!

I WANT Chris to be a guard and make announcements to passengers :p:
Reply 984
FadeToBlackout
First Great Western! First Great Western!

I WANT Chris to be a guard and make announcements to passengers :p:

FGW? No thanks!
wesetters

;no; Arriva Trains Wales ;yes; Perfect.

:eek: Even worse! [although I could stay in Aber, so thats an idea...]
Reply 985
My accent would sound rather strange on the Tube.

"The next station [pause] is Victoria.[pause] Change here [pause] for the Victorial Line [pause], and National Rail services. [pause]. Please mind the gap between the train and the platform" *train comes to rest, doors open*

*people leave and enter*

"Please mind the doors" *doors start beeping and shut*

*trains moves out*
Reply 986
Doors on Voyagers go "beeeeeep beeeeeeeep" when they open, but when they close its the "beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep..." a la how the doors on the Tube beep. Voyagers are the only trains I know that beep when the doors open, I don't know of others, but there are probably more ;yes;
Reply 987
Most trains beep when the doors are about to shut, if 158s do it I imagine most others will too. Most trains don't beep when they are unlocked/opening though, although MkIII carriages have lights on the side which light up when the doors are unlocked.
Crisps
Doors on Voyagers go "beeeeeep beeeeeeeep" when they open, but when they close its the "beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep..." a la how the doors on the Tube beep. Voyagers are the only trains I know that beep when the doors open, I don't know of others, but there are probably more ;yes;

185s do if my memory isn't being shoddy ;yes;
Hmm... 'one' railway have been renamed as National Express East Anglia.

Suppose I'll have to get used to the new name...
Reply 990
one railway was a crap name anyway, "The 12:21 one service to London Liverpool Street is now standing at Platform 1" sounds rather silly!
Hi,

I'm thinking of going for a day trip to the Lake District. I was wondering what would be the best way to get there, best company to go with and best time (how early) to book.

Thanks
Reply 992
farhan
Hi,

I'm thinking of going for a day trip to the Lake District. I was wondering what would be the best way to get there, best company to go with and best time (how early) to book.

Thanks

Where are you going from? Which part of the LD are you going to?
Crisps
Where are you going from? Which part of the LD are you going to?
Oops.

Going from London. Umm, I don't know much about the LD, but we wanna do a lot of walking around and possibly hire out boats.
Reply 994
farhan
Oops.

Going from London. Umm, I don't know much about the LD, but we wanna do a lot of walking around and possibly hire out boats.

Hmmm. Well, the best place I would go to is Windermere, to get there you'll need to get the Virgin London - Glasgow express [from Euston, NOT the NXEC one from Kings Cross], and change at Oxenholme Lake District onto a TransPennine Express for Windermere.
Reply 995
Crisps
Hmmm. Well, the best place I would go to is Windermere, to get there you'll need to get the Virgin London - Glasgow express [from Euston, NOT the NXEC one from Kings Cross], and change at Oxenholme Lake District onto a TransPennine Express for Windermere.

Beat me to it :frown: And the one question that I knew the answer to :cry:

So I'll say it anyway. You need to get the Euston to Glasgow line (Virgin) to Oxenholme and then get on a Trans Pennine Express to Windermere. It'd be a good idea to book seats on the Virgin train, as they can get quite crowded, especially during the summer months. The TransPennine trains are pretty good quality however, and it's quite a nice ride :smile:
Reply 996
Talyllyn
I'm sure you will be very welcome to volunteer on the Talyllyn Railway. As you are probably aware the TR is run by the Talyllyn Railway PreservationSociety and we expect all working volunteers to be members of the Society,details of which can be found in our website www.talyllyn.co.uk . june is normally a good time to volunteer on the engines as it's wel beforethe school holidays and when a reasonable train service runs. Have a look at the website and join the society. From there you can get avolunteering form which you complete and send in. We have a computerisedvolunteering system called TROPS with which you will soon become familiar. As you are interested n the engines I would think it will be sensible tobook some days per week in that department and if the shop interests you youcan find that out when you are here.

:proud:
i stole wifi from a national express train i was sitting next to. :proud: all trains should have wifi ;yes;
Thanks guys!

Came up to £77.60, didn't think it would be that expensive. Unless I'm doing something wrong..

Planning to go around Easter time.
Reply 999
You would save a good £24 if you got the railcard, so theres the cost of the card already paid for in 1 journey!

Quick Reply

Latest