The Student Room Group

The Trains Society.

Scroll to see replies

Jangrafess
Staying at Fleur's? What time are you arriving in London?

Nah - she's on holiday!
Think we get in about 2.15pm.
Jangrafess
Wa wa wo wap.
I see. Who's 'we'?
That's the 27th... um, cool. We should go for a drink in the evening.

Me/JessW.
And yeah, why not :smile:
Reply 1382
Jangrafess
Crisps, calcium, Metrobeans.

Yes?

calcium878
Travelling first class Leeds - London next Friday

:bawling: :hmpf:
Reply 1383
Jangrafess
There.

Oh.
;dry;age
Crisps
Hahahaha ukebert you had to endure the Aberystwyth-Brummy New Street service? Unlucky :p:

2 days till I get some NXEC goodness! :love: #excited#

:sadnod:

Birmingham had a signal failure, and there were 2 pages of trains half an hour late or more. My train was at 1300, and at 1256 it still hadn't appeared on the screen :frown: Eventually it did, it had a platform so hoards of us trooped off to wait. At 1305 it vanished off the screen, and it was cancelled. So I had to get a fast train at 1330 to MK and change to a Midlands train to Watford. They didn't check tickets on that, which was a good thing, because in the mood I was in I would have refused to pay.
Reply 1386
ukebert
:sadnod:

Birmingham had a signal failure, and there were 2 pages of trains half an hour late or more. My train was at 1300, and at 1256 it still hadn't appeared on the screen :frown: Eventually it did, it had a platform so hoards of us trooped off to wait. At 1305 it vanished off the screen, and it was cancelled. So I had to get a fast train at 1330 to MK and change to a Midlands train to Watford. They didn't check tickets on that, which was a good thing, because in the mood I was in I would have refused to pay.

You wouldn't have had to pay anyway. If you hold an advance ticket (or any other ticket type thats time or train restricted) you can board a different train if the train you were booked to be on was cancelled or you missed it because you were delayed by another fault of the railways.
Crisps
You wouldn't have had to pay anyway. If you hold an advance ticket (or any other ticket type thats time or train restricted) you can board a different train if the train you were booked to be on was cancelled or you missed it because you were delayed by another fault of the railways.

Even if it's from a different company? I thought it was only within the company that you booked with.
Reply 1388
ukebert
Even if it's from a different company? I thought it was only within the company that you booked with.

Nope, its across the railways. All companies running in a particular area will know of any problems that might be occuring and affecting interchanges. It would be a tad unfair if you had to pay twice when it wasn;t your fault you missed your train. Same can't be said for traffic jams though.
Crisps
Nope, its across the railways. All companies running in a particular area will know of any problems that might be occuring and affecting interchanges. It would be a tad unfair if you had to pay twice when it wasn;t your fault you missed your train. Same can't be said for traffic jams though.

That's good, didn't know that :smile: Some sanity prevails then :p:
Reply 1390
ukebert
That's good, didn't know that :smile: Some sanity prevails then :p:

Mind you, you might have to go to the ticket office and get a "permit to travel" thingy. If you are late for a connection because your initial train was late, I'd ask someone before you get on.
I haven't been on a train in aaages. Looking forward to going on a Southern Service to Brighton next month though. Plus Eurostar in August from St. Pancras. :biggrin:
Reply 1392
Metrobeans
I haven't been on a train in aaages. Looking forward to going on a Southern Service to Brighton next month though. Plus Eurostar in August from St. Pancras. :biggrin:

Eurostar! :eek:

*jealous*

--

Why am I REALLY looking forward to my trip on Sunday? :redface: I really should not be this excited...
Crisps
Hahahaha ukebert you had to endure the Aberystwyth-Brummy New Street service? Unlucky :p:

You mean the Wolverhampton-Aberystwyth that's occasionally extended to run from Birmingham New Street?? :p:
Reply 1394
Expression
You mean the Wolverhampton-Aberystwyth that's occasionally extended to run from Birmingham New Street?? :p:

:rofl: Hit the nail on the head there!

Although reliability seems to be improving, it;s a long time since I was terminated at Wolves.
I'm going on Eurostar on Thursday :proud:
Reply 1396
wes
Don't you mean the Wolverhampton-Machynlleth service ? :p:

No, because it almost always makes it to Aber. I've only known it not make it to Aber when Dyfi Junction is flooded.
For a moment I was really confused, because to me Aber is Abergynolwyn :redface:
Reply 1398
wes
I was unlucky then :frown:

Yes you were. Go back to France, where they run trains better. :p:
Reply 1399
renationalisation ftw.

Although I think had we not gone privatised we wouldn;t have seen as many new trains.

Quick Reply

Latest