The Student Room Group

The Trains Society.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
calcium878
I've used my YPR before 10 before :curious:

I think yopu can if your journey is over £8 or something. I know I've used it before as well.
calcium878
I've used my YPR before 10 before :curious:

was that during the summer when they got rid of the minimum fare restriction
Reply 1582
hermaphrodite
was that during the summer when they got rid of the minimum fare restriction

could be, but I have certainly used my railcard before 10am, and not in the winter months. I'm almost certain you get your discount anytime if the fare is above £8.
DLR Engineering Work over-ran this morning... :woo: :mad: only re-opened the line at 18:30 today.
Gah! so expensive from Liverpool to Peterborough, even with a YPR.
Anyone see that Beeching program? It was quite good. I still can't believe that the report was based on one week's survey (one week, with something like the railways with seasonal variations! AND they just axed rather than reduced. If the railways were run more efficiently then less of them would have to be cut and aarrgh etc.). Men with clipboards. Bah. I'd like to say that that wouldn't happen nowadays, but then our local post office is closing with apparently no survey whatsoever. It means that I now have to walk for 15minutes to buy a stamp, instead of 3.
Reply 1586
I see there are pictures in this week's RAIL magazine of the newly refurbished XC HST in traffic.
I've signned up to the Railway society mailing list here at Cam. I'm now getting spam that is scarily similar to Crisp's posts :o:
Reply 1588
ukebert
I've signned up to the Railway society mailing list here at Cam. I'm now getting spam that is scarily similar to Crisp's posts :o:

And what is that supposed to mean??? :hmmm:
Crisps
And what is that supposed to mean??? :hmmm:

It means that my inbox is considerab;y moore interesting :p:
Reply 1590
ukebert
It means that my inbox is considerab;y moore interesting :p:

:spank:
Crisps
:spank:

That was a compplement :p:
I finally got the hang of using trains after a few attempts :awesome: whoo.
National Express Cambridge to Ipswich is terrible btw :dry:
I'm in a room which overlooks the approach to Birmingham New Street. Virgin voyagers/pendolinos going past alllll the time, and some pretty scratty Midlands trains. Jealous, anybody? :p:
Valjean
I'm in a room which overlooks the approach to Birmingham New Street. Virgin voyagers/pendolinos going past alllll the time, and some pretty scratty Midlands trains. Jealous, anybody? :p:

No. You're in Birmingham. :wink:
Metrobeans
No. You're in Birmingham. :wink:

HAHA. Rep! :p:
Wasn't I supposed to take over as a leader of this btw? I only ask because I want to be leader of more socs. I don't knoow why.
Reply 1598
ukebert
Wasn't I supposed to take over as a leader of this btw? I only ask because I want to be leader of more socs. I don't knoow why.

*ahem*

Depends if Mike's giving up his post or not. Do bear in mind that you'll still have me to contend with :p: PM Mike, see what he says, if it's OK with him, let me know and I'll add you as co-leader.
Reply 1599
Oh, and hello to Jack QC! (yeah, I know, I should check join requests more often :o:)

PrincessRose5 you are already in too many societies. If you want to join our little crew please leave one of your others and re-request to come in here :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest