:bawling:

*loads iPlayer*

:poke:
Reply 1781
hermaphrodite
:poke:

Oi! :hmmm:

I haven't watched it yet :p:
My train obsessed flatmate is away all weekend. Withdrawal symptoms have brought me here :puppyeyes:

Our friend Dave has been crashing with us for the last fortnight. He bought a two week all line rover and has been going positively nuts on it. How do you people do it!? :eek3:
Reply 1783
I'll be doing that too when I can afford to. I'm not that well-travelled in my own country, never mind throughout the world
JohnnySPal

Our friend Dave has been crashing with us for the last fortnight. He bought a two week all line rover and has been going positively nuts on it. How do you people do it!? :eek3:

14 Day ALR good fun!

£650 full price.

It is £429 with a 16-25 Railcard though so still not cheap.

Though only £162.50 for me :yes:
Expression

Though only £162.50 for me :yes:

:no: not fair.
hermaphrodite
:no: not fair.

Best not tell you about how little I have to pay on European trains then...:p:
Expression
Best not tell you about how little I have to pay on European trains then...:p:

less than what you pay for UK trains :mad:
what's your job description at c2c anyway, expression?
hermaphrodite
less than what you pay for UK trains :mad:

Pretty much.
I mean Eurostar, I have to pay £39 return, or £59 Return for First Class.

But other than that, I get what's effectively an Inter-Rail type voucher for each country in Europe with 4 x 48 hour boxes on each that I can use.

If that's not enough, then I get a card that gives me 50% off any other tickets on the continent.

I have to pay seat reservations at like €4 or so each, and couchettes/cabins (at discounted rate) - so I've paid €125 for a single cabin from Cologne to Poznan; but that's just personal choice, as I'll be needing the night's sleep by then.

At home I get Free c2c travel; free leisure travel on National Express trains, and 75% off tickets on UK trains.

hermaphrodite
what's your job description at c2c anyway, expression?

I'm the Performance Manager.
Effectively I review the causes of train delays, trying to find ways to reduce delays and cancellations for our customers - by doing things better; and working with the Driver Managers, Fleet Engineers, Station Managers and not forgetting Network Rail.
Another photo & story featuring Expression on Page 5 of the attached: http://www.rharchive.info/issues/RHUK/Issue186HIGH.pdf; and also on Page 14 of: http://www.railpro.co.uk/issues/pdfs/aug09_FULL.pdf
Expression

That's quite impressive for someone so young!
Expression
Pretty much.
I mean Eurostar, I have to pay £39 return, or £59 Return for First Class.

But other than that, I get what's effectively an Inter-Rail type voucher for each country in Europe with 4 x 48 hour boxes on each that I can use.

If that's not enough, then I get a card that gives me 50% off any other tickets on the continent.

I have to pay seat reservations at like €4 or so each, and couchettes/cabins (at discounted rate) - so I've paid €125 for a single cabin from Cologne to Poznan; but that's just personal choice, as I'll be needing the night's sleep by then.

At home I get Free c2c travel; free leisure travel on National Express trains, and 75% off tickets on UK trains.

Effectively I review the causes of train delays, trying to find ways to reduce delays and cancellations for our customers - by doing things better; and working with the Driver Managers, Fleet Engineers, Station Managers and not forgetting Network Rail.
Another photo & story featuring Expression on Page 5 of the attached: http://www.rharchive.info/issues/RHUK/Issue186HIGH.pdf; and also on Page 14 of: http://www.railpro.co.uk/issues/pdfs/aug09_FULL.pdf

You must be doing a pretty good job! c2c is one of the best performing TOC's for punctuality, isn't it?
Metrobeans
You must be doing a pretty good job! c2c is one of the best performing TOC's for punctuality, isn't it?

c2c is the best performing TOC for punctuality in the UK ever.

The articles referred to my previous post give you some context.
Reply 1793
First Class ALRs are not discounted for 16-25 Railcard holders :mad: Wanty :puppyeyes:

When I do eventually arrange a trio (which I will, once adequate funds are met), I'll be off exploring areas of the country (and rail lines/TOCs) I've never been to/travelled on/travelled with. Particularly down south, I've never ventured on a train south of the Thames (Tube doesn't count, and even then it was only Waterloo :colondollar:), and I've never been south of Oxford or Birmingham. Have also never been further north than Newcastle on a train either, and Scotland is one area I really want to explore.
Crisps
First Class ALRs are not discounted for 16-25 Railcard holders :mad: Wanty :puppyeyes:

When I do eventually arrange a trio (which I will, once adequate funds are met), I'll be off exploring areas of the country (and rail lines/TOCs) I've never been to/travelled on/travelled with. Particularly down south, I've never ventured on a train south of the Thames (Tube doesn't count, and even then it was only Waterloo :colondollar:), and I've never been south of Oxford or Birmingham. Have also never been further north than Newcastle on a train either, and Scotland is one area I really want to explore.

If you need ideas (probably not), here's Dave's blog...
Crisps

First Class's for snobs. You're not a snob are you? I thought you were Northern and proud.

I went on the Caledonian Sleeper with my ALR.

You MUST go on the 395 when you get your ALR
Reply 1796
hermaphrodite
First Class's for snobs. You're not a snob are you? I thought you were Northern and proud.

I went on the Caledonian Sleeper with my ALR.

You MUST go on the 395 when you get your ALR

Are ALRs valid on the new Southeastern high speed service?

First Class is not for snobs. On some services it is essential if you can afford it (in particular long distance journeys on a Vomiter)

ALRs can be used in the seated portion of the sleeper, but if you want a berth you have to pay the berth supplement.

One other niggle with an ALR is that they don't work in ticket barriers.

JohnnySPal
If you need ideas (probably not), here's Dave's blog...

That is rather excellent.
£40.00 for the berth
How do you know which XC services are vomiters. I was gonna go from Man Picc to Bham. Anyone know if these are smelly or not?
Reply 1799
hermaphrodite
How do you know which XC services are vomiters. I was gonna go from Man Picc to Bham. Anyone know if these are smelly or not?

The vast majority will be Vomiters.. There are a couple of HSTs, but I don't have the timings with me.

Quick Reply

Latest