The Student Room Group
Well, many people get their UMS marks with OCR...unfortunately not at my school :frown:. And so they know from that if they were in the top 5 marks.
it stated on my statement of results my UMS result and then (a*). how do i no if that was in the top 5? would it have sed top 5 next to it or summing lol?
Well, if your mark was one of the top 5 marks, then you'd know by looking at the mark. For example, 96/100 is one of the top 5 marks as you've lost less than 5 marks. However if you got 93/100, you don't know if it's top 5...it could be as people could've got 100, 98, 97, 95 and 93 but nobody got 99, 96 or 94. If that makes sense.
Reply 4
I got 98/100 and 95/100 for RE Full Course with Edexcel. Shouldn't I get a letter or something or is that only with AQA?
Only AQA give Top 5 results certificates.
Reply 6
Typical.

I think whatever the exam board a top 5 result should be recognised as a great achievement and something should be shown for it.
Reply 7
I did Edexcel GCSE P.E and recieved a letter. In Hong Kong you're only allowed to know your grade and not the marks (only the teachers can access that). They said I scored 100%: full marks in coursework and full marks on the paper.
Reply 8
OP: OCR don't award top 5 certificates; only AQA do. If you just want to know if your mark would have been in the top 5 for personal reasons, then if you got 360, 359, 358, 357 and 356 in this instance you would have been. What was your exact UMS mark?

Latest