The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Hi, I'm currently living in Queen's Court and its good value for money but fair warning the staff are useless - we have reported maintenance issues and been ignored or told its out fault, and they seem to have a really low concern for security (one of the gate locks has been broken for a while and they refuse to do anything about it). Generally they seem to be really unhelpful, so be prepared i guess
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by seaofsimulation
Hi, I'm currently living in Queen's Court and its good value for money but fair warning the staff are useless - we have reported maintenance issues and been ignored or told its out fault, and they seem to have a really low concern for security (one of the gate locks has been broken for a while and they refuse to do anything about it). Generally they seem to be really unhelpful, so be prepared i guess

Hiiii, just wondering would it be co-ed or is it all the same gender??
Original post by beebiscuit01
Hiiii, just wondering would it be co-ed or is it all the same gender??

its co ed theres no option for any dmu related halls to choose same gender
Original post by seaofsimulation
its co ed theres no option for any dmu related halls to choose same gender

Oh, okay. I'm just slightly worried cause I can't find anyone staying in Queens Court yet. D:
Reply 5
Oh, okay. I'm just slightly worried cause I can't find anyone staying in Queens Court yet. D:

Hey, if everything goes ok I'm staying there. I still haven't found anyone either.
Original post by Lukkeee28
Hey, if everything goes ok I'm staying there. I still haven't found anyone either.

omg. yes, I finally found someone 😂
Reply 7
omg. yes, I finally found someone 😂

Yeah hahaha I'll stay on the 4 bedroom apartment they have. what about you?
Original post by Lukkeee28
Yeah hahaha I'll stay on the 4 bedroom apartment they have. what about you?

Oh man, I'm in the 5-6 bedroom apartment ones
I'm currently looking for accommodation for next year and came across Queen's Court. The problem is I don't know anyone and the whole reason why I'm moving into accommodation is so I can make friends and so that I don't have to commute everyday. Currently in 1st year of Uni but, am looking at accommodation for 2nd year.
Is it recommended that I book a viewing first before booking a place?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by GreenGerbil
I'm currently looking for accommodation for next year and came across Queen's Court. The problem is I don't know anyone and the whole reason why I'm moving into accommodation is so I can make friends and so that I don't have to commute everyday. Currently in 1st year of Uni but, am looking at accommodation for 2nd year.

Hey, in the same situation as you, I'm currently in queens court, which is a great place to be in, literally right behind the campus so you can sleep in for as long as you want before going to lessons, the only downside being in queens is that since it's a private accomodation, people moving into that place already know each other since they tend to book in groups, and the fire alarm goes off constantly in that place.
Hey, in the same situation as you, I'm currently in queens court, which is a great place to be in, literally right behind the campus so you can sleep in for as long as you want before going to lessons, the only downside being in queens is that since it's a private accomodation, people moving into that place already know each other since they tend to book in groups, and the fire alarm goes off constantly in that place.

Okay, thank you :smile:
Is it possible to book a place and randomly join another group? Halls of residence has already filled up and I'm on the waiting list for one place (meaning that there's a slim chance I'll get a place).
Okay, thank you :smile:
Is it possible to book a place and randomly join another group? Halls of residence has already filled up and I'm on the waiting list for one place (meaning that there's a slim chance I'll get a place).

You should be able to 😊 I'm in the 6 bedroom ones, and as far as I know there should be around 9 places left?
You should be able to 😊 I'm in the 6 bedroom ones, and as far as I know there should be around 9 places left?

Hey, do you know what size the beds are in the 6 bedroom apartments? are they double, queen, king, or 3/4? :smile: I just want to double check so that I don't end up buying the wrong sized sheets? XD
Hey, do you know what size the beds are in the 6 bedroom apartments? are they double, queen, king, or 3/4? :smile: I just want to double check so that I don't end up buying the wrong sized sheets? XD

All the beds in queens court are 3/4 beds 😊
I live at queens court and have done for the last couple of years. It’s a great place to live, the staff are friendly and helpful!

QC is also right next to the uni which is great!
I'm moving into Queens Court tomorrow and I still haven't found anyone who I'll be living with... :cry::cry:

All joking aside though, the groups on Facebook only have about 5 people in them so they're not helping.
Anyone is going to stay this year 2023?

Latest

Trending

Trending