The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

What is Hertfordshire uni like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
They don't do the v-tours for the traditional halls. There was a post with some pictures of room 28 Fern hall before but i can't find it atm.

Rooms are pretty big generally (can't say if the flats are the same as i've never been in them) you get a wardrobe, a sink, a desk and a desklamp in your room :smile:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 101
Alright Con,

Im n room 4, flat E, Ferns..movin n Wed....bring on th beer!!!!Ha...I applied 4 deHav 2 n didnt get it...saw both places n from wat i remember rooms are kinda bigger n Fern..but really old fashioned compared 2 DeHav n kinda crappy but heard Fern n college lane n general is better social wise!!!
Reply 102
Officer08
Alright Con,

Im n room 4, flat E, Ferns..movin n Wed....bring on th beer!!!!Ha...I applied 4 deHav 2 n didnt get it...saw both places n from wat i remember rooms are kinda bigger n Fern..but really old fashioned compared 2 DeHav n kinda crappy but heard Fern n college lane n general is better social wise!!!

kl how come your moving in on wednesday, i read that the earliest time that we can move in is the 27th same day we pick up the keys..no??
Reply 103
You can move in earlier if you pay them for extra days. Aeana is moving in today for instance because she's booked an extra week before the contracts usually start :smile:
Reply 104
DoktaUH
You can move in earlier if you pay them for extra days. Aeana is moving in today for instance because she's booked an extra week before the contracts usually start :smile:

o right damn that would have made moving in easier... whenever i search fern hall on youtube it come up with "DoktaUH" videos lol
Reply 105
I wonder who that could be :wink:
Reply 106
Im movin wed cause im from ireland n overseas students can move in from Mon!!!!!...saw them vids too!!!!Ha:yep:
Reply 107
i wish i'd known about moving in a week earlier, my flight is on tuesday but i booked a hotel until i could move in on saturday
Reply 108
**R**
i wish i'd known about moving in a week earlier, my flight is on tuesday but i booked a hotel until i could move in on saturday

sickner...think its on your contract th date ur allowed 2 move n from!!!:confused:ha atleast u would be rambling round th place like me till every1 comes on Sun!!:woo:
Reply 109
All you had to do was ask :p:

The contract you get is the standard one but you can always ring up and ask for extra time either side of it :smile:

Most people arrive on saturday btw officer :smile:
Reply 110
yup ill be in by Saturdays i hope!! was i supposed to receive anything from the uni after i sent the deposit licence fee and schedule?
Reply 111
You should have gotten a schedule back with either a red or since you've paid everything, a green sticker. If you havn't gotten that by the time you're setting off for the uni you'll have a bit of hassle when you get here confirming you've paid and are free to be given your keys.

Don't worry for now but if it gets to friday morning and still nothing, ring up the uni and ask about it :smile:
Reply 112
didn get my schedule n sticker then bac either and im heading off wed!!!!post from UH takes like 2 weeks 2 reach me for some strange reason!!!!
Reply 113
They'll probably tell you to go to Mercer Building/The Student Centre to sort it out, they should print you out a new schedule and put a green sticker on it then send you back up to get your keys :smile:
Reply 114
yeh post from UH does take ages took a couple of weeks for my forms too, and i live 40-50mins away tops :P ill be looking out for the schedule then
Reply 115
Officer08
sickner...think its on your contract th date ur allowed 2 move n from!!!

opppps probably should have read contract a bit better and more closely :p: it would be handy to move in and settle in earlier. but my mum is coming over with me with another suitcase for extra stuff so would have needed a hotel anyway for her few days there
Reply 116
You could have booked a room on campus for her too :p:
Reply 117
:s-smilie: ok i think it is time i go read my contract and info properly :biggrin: :woo:

that would be a way cheaper option :frown:
I miss the buzz.

Make her sleep on the floor.
Reply 119
after it took 2 weeks for the accom letter to arrive i was so anxious to fill it in and send off for the next day deadline

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending