The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science

Scroll to see replies

Tarantino's New Star
Ahhh sweet! Thanks so much! Thats reassuring to hear- I started to believe I had been rejected by everyone. Hahaha.

Did anyone of them actually assess your driving? Is it really that important and much of the process? :/

Northampton , SHU and Coventry don't, no idea about the other two. Most uni courses don't do driving as part of the course (although Northampton does) and so don't care whether you can drive or not.
Brilliant!!
Thank you!

Where are you now? Are you enjoying it?
Tarantino's New Star
Brilliant!!
Thank you!

Where are you now? Are you enjoying it?

I'm at Northampton at the moment and its great :yep:
Ah wow! How far are you through the course? What have you really enjoyed about it?
Im really looking forward to going to Northamptons open day.
Im just hoping I can get the time off work....
I'm only a first year so I haven't been here long. I've mainly just enjoyed meeting loads of new people and having the paramedic centred lectures (some of the general healthcare ones are a bit poo but they need to be done). I'm going to be starting placements in less than 2 weeks so I'm really excited about that!
(Sorry about all the questions, before and now)

What was your academic background- what did you leave school/college with? And in your opinion, how likely is it to be offered an interview in the first place, and was the probability high for people to get an offer after the initial interview? I think thats all the questions as I think of them! Sorry! :smile:
Tarantino's New Star
(Sorry about all the questions, before and now)

Its ok. I was really nervous when I applied.
What was your academic background- what did you leave school/college with?

I left college with A levels in Psychology (B), Chemistry (C), General Studies (C) and Computing (D) and As Biology (E).
And in your opinion, how likely is it to be offered an interview in the first place, and was the probability high for people to get an offer after the initial interview? I think thats all the questions as I think of them! Sorry! :smile:

From what I remember Northampton interview almost everybody thats predicted to meet the entry requirements. They then grade your personal statement and your interview and the people with the highest scores get a place. This year they had 22 places but 2 people have been defered to next years course. Northampton also do a reserve list (instead of clearing) which is actually how I got my place.
I had my heart set on Northampton, but unfortunately they arent moving on the driving points issue, as i have a TS10. Looks like im going to be checking Oxford Brookes and Worcester now. I was a bit gutted that Northampton havent changed the driving during their new course, the Foundation Degree.
Reply 188
Ive applied to Northampton, Cov, Herts and Portsmouth. I sent my application in on the first day you could, theres no point at keep looking at tracking, just keep an eye on the post and emails, i had an email this week offering me an interview at Cov for Feb, but nothing has changed on my tracking page on ucas, so thats the reason why you don't keep looking at that, i think the first time anything will change on my tracking will be when uni's either give me an offer or not, which will be a long way away yet! I'm just waiting around to hear from the rest! I'm hoping to get an interview at Herts and Northampton, as they are the two other uni's i really want to get into!
Reply 189
ZoZo16
Ive applied to Northampton, Cov, Herts and Portsmouth. I sent my application in on the first day you could, theres no point at keep looking at tracking, just keep an eye on the post and emails, i had an email this week offering me an interview at Cov for Feb, but nothing has changed on my tracking page on ucas, so thats the reason why you don't keep looking at that, i think the first time anything will change on my tracking will be when uni's either give me an offer or not, which will be a long way away yet! I'm just waiting around to hear from the rest! I'm hoping to get an interview at Herts and Northampton, as they are the two other uni's i really want to get into!

And you would be correct :smile: sometimes though you might even hear of an offer before it goes on track, sometimes quite a bit before. Say through e-mail, post, or phone call.
ZoZo16

Hey Ive bin invited to an interview at Coventry as well (last week) :smile: got the offer via email cant see it on ucas yet. Ive chosen Thursday 12th February didnt fancy Fri 13th like hehe wbu? Ive applied to sheffield hallam, herts, and addin uclan and Liverpool JM when there available.
Reply 191
johnosixtynine
Hey Ive bin invited to an interview at Coventry as well (last week) :smile: got the offer via email cant see it on ucas yet. Ive chosen Thursday 12th February didnt fancy Fri 13th like hehe wbu? Ive applied to sheffield hallam, herts, and addin uclan and Liverpool JM when there available.

Yeah i've chosen the same day, had the same thoughts as you! lol but for some people fri 13th will be a good day there surely must be some people go through from that group!
I heard back from Coventry and Sheffield Hallam this week. I got an interview for Cov on the 12th, and an out-right rejection from SHU.
Was absolutely DEVASTATED tbh as it was my favourite. Me and my head of sixth form rang up to ask for feedback, and we found out applicant numbers and that. Put me at ease really. I cant wait though for the interview. It sounds like lots of people have one, which is great news!!! Im going to be joining the gym though beforehand!! :biggrin:
Tarantino's New Star
I heard back from Coventry and Sheffield Hallam this week. I got an interview for Cov on the 12th, and an out-right rejection from SHU.
Was absolutely DEVASTATED tbh as it was my favourite. Me and my head of sixth form rang up to ask for feedback, and we found out applicant numbers and that. Put me at ease really. I cant wait though for the interview. It sounds like lots of people have one, which is great news!!! Im going to be joining the gym though beforehand!! :biggrin:

Im same as you then lol got my interview on the 12th Feb and an out right rejection from Sheffield Hallam Uni (Dont have the 5 GCSE's) Im a mature student who did an Access to HE Diploma in Social Sciences with Level 2 maths and English. Its a bit rubbish to be honest but thats the way Sheffield works. Ive emailed the course tutor direct and they have said they will look at my application again because my life experience/work history is excellent. Really looking forward to the Coventry interview though :P hoping my life experience will get me through it lol. Im 24 :frown: so panicing ill be the oldest lol Have to wait and see. Good luck with the gym and ill be doing same haha
Reply 194
Had acknowledgements from Plymouth and Portsmouth. Can't wait for UCLAN and LJMU to put their courses forward for applicants.
Hey All,

Add me on msn :smile:

[please don't post your email address]
Reply 196
Does anyone know anything about accommodation for interviews in Coventry? Cos I'm coming form up North so a 9:00 start will be interesting if I don't stay somewhere!
Reply 197
Pinkling, I used Travelodge last year when I went for uni interviews... they were quite useful and cheap
Pinkling, ill be at the coventry interview on the 12th with you :smile:. I think there just giving everyone an interivew that applies for it, last I heard was 30 places for the September 2009 intake so 5 more than I thought lol. Have you got MSN?? be nice to have a chat with you :smile: and what date they gave you for your hertfordshire interview?

** Also does people know that to get into Portsmouth you have to be over 21? Its because they require the C1 Provisional on a Full Clean licence. I think that all the other uni's prefer you to have it aswell (its for when your out on placement you can drive the ambulance if your mentor is seeing to the casualty in the back) Bit discriminatory if you ask me but you have to be over 21 to drive the ambulances and any veh over 3.5 tons (because of this C1 entitlement, goverments way f making us all pay more money, used to be included free on your licence a few years ago so if youve had you licence a while you may already have it) ** If anyone knows different please correct me :smile:
Reply 199
Has anyone heard from Portsmouth or Northampton about an interview yet?

Again to get C1 on your licence you have to be 18, its D1 you have to be over 21, thats why 18 year olds can do it!

Quick Reply

Latest