The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Lazaroo
I hate bleep tests! When will you find out do ya know?x

they said within 2 weeks latest. I hope they don't make we wait ages. Last interview in Surrey on the 14th June :yes:
Bloody hell i thought i had to wait a long time, good luck tho guys x
surely if you fail the bleep test you wouldnt get in ?! What did you have to get in the bleep test? x
any news yet guys?
I got in at Coventry!!!!
JUst got send off my certificates etc
:biggrin:
Well chuffed!
Reply 1985
Gilmore_Girls
I got in at Coventry!!!!
Well chuffed!

Well done :smile: You passed the fitness test then?
Gilmore_Girls
I got in at Coventry!!!!
Well chuffed!

well done luv:woo:
thank youuuu
And no I didn't pass the bleep test...
Soooo I don't know how I managed it tbh... Maybe its some kind of sick joke :/
Reply 1988
Gilmore_Girls
thank youuuu
And no I didn't pass the bleep test...
Soooo I don't know how I managed it tbh... Maybe its some kind of sick joke :/

haha, I got in tooo! conditional offer to do the beep test to 6.5 by sept. Is your the same? :biggrin:

Im sooo happy! :biggrin:
xx
snhale
haha, I got in tooo! conditional offer to do the beep test to 6.5 by sept. Is your the same? :biggrin:

xx

Wooooo!! Well done guys!!!
Ahh ryt Wiked! Wel never mind it doesnt matter now, Well done For getting in :smile:
See You there I Spose!
x
snhale

xx

pffft mine hasn't said that... did you send off your certificates and then get told?
Just got an offer from Brighton uni after going through the unsuccessful ucas offer and then being invited to an interview after all melarky :smile: If anyone else is gonna be on the course for 2010 it'd be nice to talk to a few of you before we get there. You can facebok me on [email protected]
Reply 1993
Currently thinking of applying for paramedic science course starting september 2011.
Has anyone taken their C1 or D1 driving tests?Im trying to weight up my options and need more information on it.Can anyone please help???
Also anyone from North West Wales can you suggest any driving schools.

Cheers
cofi5
Currently thinking of applying for paramedic science course starting september 2011.
Has anyone taken their C1 or D1 driving tests?Im trying to weight up my options and need more information on it.Can anyone please help???

Cheers

Not taken my C1 course yet... planning on doing it either this summer or next summer. I got a quote for £1k, but I live near London so it's more expensive... I can't believe it's getting to the time for next years people to start applying, it's scary! Good Luck! hope you get into where you want to go :smile:
cofi5

Cheers

I've done my C1 and it was a doddle. You just have to make sure you don't hit the curbs as you go round the corners and learn a new reversing manuver :smile: Cost me £980 for the three day intensive course and test, you can do less days than that but 3 is generally recommended if you have never driven anything larger than a car.

D1 is apparently the same as the C1 except you have to keep checking over your shoulder to make sure no one is gonna jump outta the minibus :tongue: D1 costs about £700 for three day courses depending on where you do it.

You do need to get both and then blue light training too before you get to drive an ambulence. Most uni interviews I've been to mention the training, some say they will help you find the course and often offer a rebate of sorts :smile:
agatha2460
I've done my C1 and it was a doddle. You just have to make sure you don't hit the curbs as you go round the corners and learn a new reversing manuver :smile: Cost me £980 for the three day intensive course and test, you can do less days than that but 3 is generally recommended if you have never driven anything larger than a car.

D1 is apparently the same as the C1 except you have to keep checking over your shoulder to make sure no one is gonna jump outta the minibus :tongue: D1 costs about £700 for three day courses depending on where you do it.

You do need to get both and then blue light training too before you get to drive an ambulence. Most uni interviews I've been to mention the training, some say they will help you find the course and often offer a rebate of sorts :smile:

Actually, ambulances are only C1, some services (such as London) don't require D1 at all :smile:
chriscpritchard
Actually, ambulances are only C1, some services (such as London) don't require D1 at all :smile:

Same for Great Western Ambulance. A D1 is required to drive a PTS vehicle as it covers over 8 seats. This wouldn't be needed for A and E vehicles as you wouldn't carry 8 passengers. However the larger vehicles mean you need a C1 as they weigh 5.5t (the Mercs). I have my D1 so far as I started on PTS, and our A & E vehicles are Renault Masters and LDV's and aren't over the weight limit to drive on a normal car license.
Hey
congrats to everyone that got places this year :biggrin:
I have firmed an unconditional offer from Brighton uni and have just applied for all my accommodation. i am so excited and can not wait for september to come around. Is anyone else on here going to do Paramedic practice there? I believe its only a very small group of us so it would nice to get to all know you all before we go.

A little advice for those applying to join in the future, try and get some experience with st john or the british red cross. If possible join your local First Responder scheme which you will find highly beneficial.

good luck to you all

Quick Reply

Latest