The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science

Scroll to see replies

benking116
Has anyone heard from Northampton yet in the negative, or everyone still waiting??

Rejections have already been given out to some people.

Pinkling
Has anyone here not gone through the uni route?

As well as courses I've also applied for student paramedic jobs, was wondering what 'Psychometric Testing' is and when these jobs normally start (the closing date for applications was mid-Feb) since I'm still studying until end of A2s in June :s

If you google psychometric testing theres loads of websites on it. As for when you start depends on how soon you get assessed and how desperate they are. I expect if they're planning a number of courses though that they'll be relativly flexable.
Reply 581
jezza27
ZoZo I see you say you have an LAS occy health interview ? I got a place on the Herts BSc, will I have to go for the health interview too ? What does it involve ? Cheers zozo x

You will have to see occy health, but not until you enrol on the course, im just a complex case! But they will check that you have had all the jabs you need and just check you health is good enough for being a paramedic.
welshcake
Still waiting...you?

Still waiting, still hoping no news is good news!

And the 30th march is ages away!!
I'm still waiting for the results from Bournemouth :frown:
Reply 584
Hiya I am still waiting for result after interview from Coventry and Bournemouth has anyone else heard form either yet?
Reply 585
still waiting for coventry
Laurence753
I'm still waiting for the results from Bournemouth :frown:

Rejection from Bournemouth for me
Reply 587
ZoZo16
You will have to see occy health, but not until you enrol on the course, im just a complex case! But they will check that you have had all the jabs you need and just check you health is good enough for being a paramedic.

Ahhh ok :smile: thanks for that
Reply 588
benking116
Has anyone heard from Northampton yet in the negative, or everyone still waiting??

Heard nothing:frown: But I suppose that's good. Do you know if anyone else has heard anything yet??
Reply 589
hey guys has any one had or has got an interview at st georges??

thanks

xx
Cozmo09
Heard nothing:frown: But I suppose that's good. Do you know if anyone else has heard anything yet??

Some rejection letters have been sent I understand.
Welshcake also said that the last interview is 30th March! so could be mid april when we hear!
benking116
Welshcake also said that the last interview is 30th March! so could be mid april when we hear!

Yep final interview is 30th March so sorry guys you may be waiting a while yet!
Reply 592
benking116

Poor people that got the rejection letters:frown: Mid April!? It seems like forever now
Cozmo09
Poor people that got the rejection letters:frown: Mid April!? It seems like forever now

Yeah I sure wudnt like it to be gettin one. The suspense is giving me tachycardia lol.
Reply 594
kito101
hey guys has any one had or has got an interview at st georges??

thanks

xx

Hi kito yeh just got an interview from st georges yesterday but am not going to go. Will free up space for another person :smile:
Reply 595
How long do Plymouth take to get back to you for the BSc?
Happy_Holidays
Rejections have already been given out to some people.

Yea i got one in the post a couple of weeks back. Its a shame because actually visiting the uni made me change my mind about it completely. Its fairly close (which is a good thing) and the course and uni looked really good.
I think i saw you (happy_holidays) at my interview actually. I would have loved to go there.
Havent posted in a while but i also got an unsuccessfull from Bournemouth.

Just a question that i've been meaning to ask for a while but has anyone recieved an unsuccessful from either plymouth or herts?

Good luck to people who haven't heard anything yet from unis. No news is definately good news at the moment :smile:
chrislove007
Yea i got one in the post a couple of weeks back. Its a shame because actually visiting the uni made me change my mind about it completely. Its fairly close (which is a good thing) and the course and uni looked really good.
I think i saw you (happy_holidays) at my interview actually. I would have loved to go there.
Havent posted in a while but i also got an unsuccessfull from Bournemouth.

Just a question that i've been meaning to ask for a while but has anyone recieved an unsuccessful from either plymouth or herts?

Good luck to people who haven't heard anything yet from unis. No news is definately good news at the moment :smile:

Yeah I was there :smile: And good luck with your other applications. If not theres always next year.
Reply 598
Hiya i have just received an interview for UWE on 19th March. Has anyone else been for their interview if so what was it like.
Reply 599
Jamsey
Hiya i have just received an interview for UWE on 19th March. Has anyone else been for their interview if so what was it like.

i had mine in january, its pretty informal, presentatiopn on the course and then individual interviews, one member of staff. he asked about what i thought i would enjoy as a paramedic, what i thought i would find hard to cope with, how i dealt with upsetting situations, strenghts and weaknesses, other careers i had considered and why that uni should pick me over everybody else.
it was okay though, and im sure you will do fine!

Quick Reply

Latest