The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Laurence753
I think most the courses have a fitness test of some description because you have to be fit enough to be made operational. Both of my offers mention "satisfactory health checks". This might mean a fitness test or might just mean they check you don't have severe asthma, diabetes or other conditions which would affect the job.

Statisfactory health checks, is making sure you have had all the jabs you need, if you havent then they give you them, they check your BP they check eyesight, that you can see a certain distance, they check your weight and height (BMI), they check that you dont have certain medical conditions that can affect the patients you will be treating like HIV. They also check if you have diabetes or other medical conditions similar, if you do then they make sure that it is well controlled and will not affect your treatment of the patient.

Thats the main amount of what they look at, cant think of anything else at the mo!

Once you are on the course some uni's do a fitness check in making sure you can lift a equivalent of a person up or down the stairs, like real life, but thats mainly it in terms of fitness tests once you are on the course.
Reply 781
As I posted before, I had my Worcester interview for Pre-hospital, Unscheduled and Emergency Care on Wednesday (25th).

2 Days later (today) I received a conditional offer, I need to get 60 UCAS points at A level (Which I actually already have anyway), and pass the satisfactory health checks and CRB (No problems there, i've been CRB'd 4 times in the past year).

Thanks to everyone who has helped me and answered questions on this forum, and good luck to everyone else applying for the same course or Paramedic Science courses around the country =D
Reply 782
chrislove007
I just got an unconditional offer from them...yea baby :biggrin:...im off the walls at the moment as i gave up hope after hearing people had offers from unis who hadn't replied to me.
So to people out there still waiting on offers 'it ain't over 'till it's over'

good luck to you all :smile:

wow that awesome! well done! how long after your interview did you hear?
Reply 783
Does anyone know when the Coventry Pre-App open day thing is? I was told I'd be invited to one but haven't heard anything and want to try and sort accommodation!
Thanks
Reply 784
piglet-15
wow that awesome! well done! how long after your interview did you hear?

Well I had my interview on Wednesday, and heard today - So that's 2 days :yep:
Reply 785
Pinkling
Does anyone know when the Coventry Pre-App open day thing is? I was told I'd be invited to one but haven't heard anything and want to try and sort accommodation!
Thanks

hey
i recieved a letter today about accommodation. u can apply on teh 8th of april or wait till the 20th to apply online!
xx
Reply 786
Marineio

Well done! The same with me, I had my interview for Worcester on the Wednesday the 11th and by the Friday I had an unconditional offer starting Jan 2010! :smile: , are you Sep or Jan intake?
Rob839
Well done! The same with me, I had my interview for Worcester on the Wednesday the 11th and by the Friday I had an unconditional offer starting Jan 2010! :smile: , are you Sep or Jan intake?

I had the same, interview friday, offer on monday.

Conditional for me, starting Sep 2009!

Rob did you already have the ucas points?
Reply 788
Yeah I have the points and I am also a newly qualified Operating Department Practitioner (Anaesthetic Nurse) which is why I’m on unconditional. Can’t wait! I was really impressed with the uni and course at Worcester.
Reply 789
I'm Sept '09, so same as Ben (Conditional Offer - 60 UCAS points)
I have conditional to pass my access course.

I think it may become my insurance if I get an offer from Northampton, but it is at least a place!
Reply 791
have has anyone got offered a place from northampton yet. ?
Reply 792
drbeansri
have has anyone got offered a place from northampton yet. ?

Offers won't be made until at least the second week in April. Only rejections so far...
When was your interview? Mine was Feb 12th.
Reply 793
Marineio

WHAT!! i had my interview in febuary! ahhh, i hate the waiting, its killing me! did you already have the points?
My interview for Northampton was the 29th Jan.
Reply 795
welshcake
Offers won't be made until at least the second week in April. Only rejections so far...
When was your interview? Mine was Feb 12th.

27th Feb.... really want this one.
Reply 796
grrr northampton is annoying me!!
i got into coventry and its my first choice but i cant reply to my offer until northampton get back to me
i dont no if i should just withdraw or wait
hhhmmmmmmmm
xx
Reply 797
piglet-15
WHAT!! i had my interview in febuary! ahhh, i hate the waiting, its killing me! did you already have the points?

I technically do have the points already, since I gained an A at Computing AS level (But since I'm carrying it forward to A level, i have no idea if it counts or not)

However, since I was told at the open day I attended that I needed an A level, I won't until the end of this year.
rummers
i got into coventry and its my first choice but i cant reply to my offer until northampton get back to me
hhhmmmmmmmm
xx

If you withdraw then it might give someone else that position they desperately want?

Or you could hang on, see where you get, then withdraw?
Reply 799
rummers
hhhmmmmmmmm
xx

if it's not your firm/insurance then my opinion would be to withdraw, freeing up the place for someone else which is what I did with Herts when I was still waiting for their response after interview but had already got my Coventry place!
But your choice :-)

Quick Reply

Latest