The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Hey everybody, am new to the student room and have just aplied to do paramedic practice at Shefffield, Liverpool, Uclan and Edge hill. Not heard a dicky bird yet?? just wondered if anybody else has?? Am hoping that no news is good news
Cheers

Hannah
lrobison1
Hey read ur FB post. I'm not to worried, i just want to get into one of the others. Btw how would they know if i have a driving licence or not? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Remember a bit more life experience on your side which always looks good!!!!!!!!!!!!

the lecturer graham, said that if you dont mention that you have one, then they will not accept you xx
I got an invitation to the assesment day / iterviews at Greenwich on the 11th Jan, anyone else going?? :smile:
Reply 1383
well done for everyone who did the surrey interview today :smile: we are all so f*#king rock ! see most of u at herts (how strange :s)
andy
andyp115
well done for everyone who did the surrey interview today :smile: we are all so f*#king rock ! see most of u at herts (how strange :s)
andy

It was rather good, wasn't it :smile:
has anyone who applied, heard anything from oxford brookes yet??
aleishia6
has anyone who applied, heard anything from oxford brookes yet??

Not applied there, but good luck!!!
Reply 1387
Hi everybody

This is my first post!

I've applied to Brighton, Surrey, Hertfordshire, Plymouth & Portsmouth.

I have interviews with Portsmouth (in Feb/Mar) & Hertfordshire (8th Jan).

I have been asked for a second reference from Plymouth.

I haven't heard back from Surrey or Brighton. A friend got a rejection from Surrey a couple of days ago, but he hasn't heard from Brighton either, anyone else?
rachecob
Thanks for the tips.
Yes, trying to remember details from the Bradley report and trying not to get too nervous.
Is there many mature students in your class? When I went to the open day in the summer I was defineatly the oldest person in the room which was quite intimidating.

Sorry to butt in! I am the second oldest on the course at Northampton (lets say I am over 30 ..errmm) and it is no problem at all. Most of the 'young un's' have been picked for their maturity and for a having a good head on their shoulders. Not sure I could keep up with their drinking/partying habits tho!! Good Luck!
AttaGo
Hi everybody

This is my first post!

I haven't heard back from Surrey or Brighton. A friend got a rejection from Surrey a couple of days ago, but he hasn't heard from Brighton either, anyone else?

Had my interview with Surrey, and got my Herfordshire one on the same day as you :smile:, sent off my second reference and heard nothing from brighton. I also applied to UWE and have had to send off a questionnaire, but now it's just waiting to hear back from that :smile:
AttaGo
Hi everybody

This is my first post!

Ooooo I'm applying to all those as well :biggrin: ..... I have got the same interviews and second reference request as you, along with an interview at Surrey on 27th Jan. Brighton said they probably won't get back to us until spring of new year by the way.
iv applied to surrey, hertfordshire, sheff hallam, LJMU, and coventry
im not too hopefull tbh, iv done alot of observing and work experience but its a pretty recent thing iv wanted to do, i wanted to do something in sport before so took sport and exercise science at college and although its very anatomy and health based i have a feeling it wont be what universities are looking for for this subect =[

ah well, fingers crossed ey, iv heard diddly squat so far!
samvick1991
iv applied to surrey, hertfordshire, sheff hallam, LJMU, and coventry
im not too hopefull tbh, iv done alot of observing and work experience but its a pretty recent thing iv wanted to do, i wanted to do something in sport before so took sport and exercise science at college and although its very anatomy and health based i have a feeling it wont be what universities are looking for for this subect =[

ah well, fingers crossed ey, iv heard diddly squat so far!

We've got people from loads of different back grounds on our course and quite a few haven't been in education for years and don't really have a health care background. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Hii Im Louise this is my first post!
I applied 2nd Dec to UWE, Herts, Coventry, Plymouth and Bournemouth.
Ive already been unsuccessful with Plymouth and have an interview with Coventry.
I applied to do this course last year and was only given one interview in Coventry and didn't get in and got no feedback.
This year ive been working in the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital and an Nursing Auxiliary and a Theatre Assistant anyone think this will give me a good chance? :smile:
Did Plymouth Uni ask you for a 2nd reference?

Academic qualifications mean very little for Paramedic Science. As long as you meet the minimum criteria, it doesn't tend to matter whether you've got straight A's or D's.

That means your personal statement and reference are absolutely vital in securing a place, as is your performance in interviews.

Are you sure you meet the University's minimum entry criteria in terms of qualifications and driving license?

If so, make sure your reference is written by somebody who is going to sell you to the Uni. However, by the sounds of it, your personal statement isn't quite up to scratch. Feel free to PM me and I'll have a read. If you don't get any offers this year, you definately need some help writing your PS next year.

Well done on getting the interview at Coventry again. When is it? And when did they inform you of it?

Make sure your very prepared. Read the Bradley Report, and make sure you can answer every question they throw at you. Let your enthusiasm for the subject shine through and stay confident.

Although you didn't get any feedback last year, how do YOU think you did and what could you do to improve?
I have enough points for UWE, Bournemouth and Coventry but thought I would still just apply to Plymouth and Herts as they are the only other places I would want to go.
My personal statement is alot better then last year my reference, my ex tutor and Psychology teacher was very pleased with it and wrote me a good reference. I think I let myself down in the group interview as I was nervous and wasn't as loud as the others. But this time I will know what to expect and hopefully do alot better. Any tips for the group interview?
Have you got in anywhere or are studying as the moment?
Everyone who has their herts interview on friday nervous? I think I need to reread the bradley report and do some more preperation :O
Reply 1397
im totally chilled about herts interview ! in comparison to surrey anyways lol :biggrin: i think its cos i live in herts so well in my comfort zoone ... bring it on ahaha :-D andyx
Hiya, haven't been on here since the Surrey interview? How did everyone think they did?

I'm now trying to sort out arrangements for the Herts interview on Friday...after being told I could have somewhere to stay it now seems I have to book a Premier Inn or somewhere equally delightful!

Also, do we not have to take CRB type stuff to Herts (licence, birth certificate etc) like we did for Surrey? I've been checking the letters and it seems not!

See you on Friday (hopefully) x
Reply 1399
beccie_evans
Hiya, haven't been on here since the Surrey interview? How did everyone think they did?

I'm now trying to sort out arrangements for the Herts interview on Friday...after being told I could have somewhere to stay it now seems I have to book a Premier Inn or somewhere equally delightful!

Also, do we not have to take CRB type stuff to Herts (licence, birth certificate etc) like we did for Surrey? I've been checking the letters and it seems not!

See you on Friday (hopefully) x

hay bex,

hope your all groovy and had a good christams :smile:
sad times about Herts bumming u out ... but at lest this way a double bed :smile: lol
I think its probs better to bring that jazz on the off chance, i am, you dont want to be caught out for somehting so easy to bring :smile: see you fri *** if it doesnt snow too much !!!! *** andyx

Quick Reply

Latest