The Student Room Group

Edexcel English 15 mark question HELP!

How can I get the full 15 marks in question 4 for paper 1 fiction and imaginative writing? It is always an evaluation question. So how can I get full 15 marks, any techniques or points to help? as there is no video for 9-1 edexel English language
Reply 1
The question is all about inference and deduction. What is the writer telling us implicitly - without spelling it out- about his ideas and themes, characters or setting. Some teachers suggest doing this big mark question first - which I think is a bad idea. There is a danger that you will answer the earlier questions In your eagerness to show what you understand and talk about language/ structure which is not what they are asking.
For 15 marks you need about five good points with quotes. Make sure you address the question (or quote if they do that, although you do not have to agree with the view expressed). They are looking for your critical response to the text and the ideas contained in it. What is the writer trying to do and how successful do you think he has been. Use your Eng Lit skills - it is essentially an Eng Lit question.
Reply 2
what did you get for english language gcse and how did you revise for it
Reply 3
Original post by abdullahA15
what did you get for english language gcse and how did you revise for it

I'm a teacher
Reply 4
Original post by lwaxanna

How much should I write for a 45 mark question? Word count ? (Edexcel IGCSE English)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending