The Student Room Group
is anyone else really bored with reading about acknowledgement letters?? they're really boring things. they mean nothing. some places don't send them. they're a waste of time, effort and paper. and it's an even bigger waste of time worrying about not having one.
I got one from Leeds. But yeh...nothing to worry about.
Reply 3
I am not worried I was just interested thats all. I mean it just tells me that my application has been received
why is that interesting? of course your application has been received...
Reply 5
It gives you a sense of security that your application is actually sitting on the admissions tutors desk, rather than lost in the email.
I got one from Aberdeen, quite extensive actually. Theyre quite possibly the friendliest university in the world.

"If Carlsberg did universities..."
I got one from leeds
Reply 8
None of my universities have sent me any acknowledgement, except for Nottingham who eventually sent me a questionnaire after me pestering them by email :p: And an interview from SGUL. (OP I've applied to Leicester as well - haven't heard anything)
Reply 9
ive had acknowledgements from all my applications except from newcastle and ive been looking about but i cant seem 2 see any1 else that has had 1.

has any1 out there had an acknowledgement from them or are they just being slower than others?
Reply 10
Everyone i know has had an acknowledgement e-mail from UCL..apart from me! I havn't heard anything from Leeds or Brighton either =(
Reply 11
VBK14
Everyone i know has had an acknowledgement e-mail from UCL..apart from me! I havn't heard anything from Leeds or Brighton either =(

Did you hear from any other universities you've applied to? If not then I would phone UCAS and see if they forwarded your application without problems.
I haven't had an acknowledgement (really don't like spelling that word!) letter from Newcastle or Glasgow.
Reply 13
I had an acknowledging letter today from newcastle!!!

They interview from mid november to mid march apparently

Im sure yours will come through soon
Reply 14
I just got mine from St. George's today.
Reply 15
Hi, Has anyone had an acknowledgement letter from Birmingham? I have heard of people being called for interview so I wondered whether they acknowledge applications or not. My other three choices have written to me to acknowledge my application.

I have been having problems with my mail being delivered so I'm a little worried that if something is sent out, I won't receive it.:eek:
i got my letter from newcastle ages ago. i have had emails from barts, edinburgh and ucl too. they all came ages ago, maybe 1 or 2 weeks
Reply 17
VBK14

Don't worry about it. They'll get your application :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending