The Student Room Group

Not meeting apprenticeship offer

Im due to join a school leaver programme at a top 5 accountsncy firm in september. My predicted grades were above the BBB required, however after my exams im not sure if i have achieved these grades. If i end up getting say BBC what would the chances be of my offer of employment being withdrawn?
Original post by Ngannou
Im due to join a school leaver programme at a top 5 accountsncy firm in september. My predicted grades were above the BBB required, however after my exams im not sure if i have achieved these grades. If i end up getting say BBC what would the chances be of my offer of employment being withdrawn?

I presume if the apprenticeship is at a top 5 accountancy firm, which is most likely a competitive programme to get on, then there is a 50/50 chance of not getting a place in the end, as the conditions to get on to the programme ARE BBB and the entry requirements are usually used to filter out people.

But you never know maybe they will let it slide as BBC isn't too far off at all.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
I'd suggest it depends what subject you drop the grade in. If the offer is BBB in Maths and two other subjects, and you get BBC with the C being maths, they're less likely to be lenient.

Hope for the best.
Original post by Ngannou

@Apprenticeships Advice should be able to help you with this
Original post by Ngannou

Hi,
First of all, congrats for getting this far!
When you get your results it might be worth contacting the employer and explaining your results, they should guide you and give you advice on what to do.
I would suggest if you are unsure of the outcome, why not keep your options open and look at what other apprenticeships are available
Search using this link to find more vacancies: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch
Reply 5
Hiya , I know this was a while ago but I am in a very similar position right now. Do you have any updates on the situation ?

Thank You
Original post by Ngannou
(Original post by imila43)Hiya , I know this was a while ago but I am in a very similar position right now. Do you have any updates on the situation ?

Thank You

Hi I am also in the same position, did you get in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending