The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Is queen Mary good ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thenextchemist
I go to Queen Mary
At the beginning I was hesitant to go there, mainly because I live very close to QM and I really just wanted to travel further.
But honestly, it is the best decision I have made. The School of Biological and Chemical Sciences is really really good.
One of the best things about Queen Mary is the graduate employment - we are top 10, almost all graduates are either in further studies or have got a job.

Like @constantine2016 said, QMUL also has a lot of career opportunities for student's which pay the London living wage (£9.92 an hour) and there are volunteering opportunities too.

Most people are put off by Queen Mary because of the area it is in, but the actual campus is very nice and clean.
Personally, I'm not too bothered about the area.

I know this is an old post, but what is the SBCS department good in terms of? Reputation? Teaching quality? I have an offer for biological sciences and might end up going there in September.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
hey man im in a really bad position and I would LOVE for you to help me out, so I agot A*A*A predictions and applied to lse ucl kings queen marys but ucl lse rejected me and im waiting on kings but got queen marys. Im smart I would say and i have a lot of ambition but going queen marys makes me feel sick with a*a*a. I just wanted to ask if ur banking job at barclays is good, like is it high level pay etc. pls help xD
same predicted, same outcome. I also got rejected by kings, UCL and LSE and feel the same way about going to QM :frown:
Is QMUL good for Marketing? I just got my offer for the Marketing and Digital Analytics MSc program, and I'm currently waiting for KCL to reply (tho I don't think ill get in tbh lol), so.. do you guys know if its good in that subject?? :s-smilie:
maybe get your heads out of your asses for a change and deal with it :smile: or take a gap year so you avoid going somewhere inferior
Original post by deeznutz6969
maybe get your heads out of your asses for a change and deal with it :smile: or take a gap year so you avoid going somewhere inferior

why are you so mad, was ur most ambitious choice qmul xD
Original post by kiwizor123
why are you so mad, was ur most ambitious choice qmul xD

UCL actually, cope and seethe
UCL actually, cope and seethe

so it was a choice or you got into UCL?
Original post by kiwizor123
so it was a choice or you got into UCL?

Got rejected by UCL, waiting for Kings but even if I do get rejected by them I do not have an inferiority complex by going to QM at all. CS is so damn competitive.
Got rejected by UCL, waiting for Kings but even if I do get rejected by them I do not have an inferiority complex by going to QM at all. CS is so damn competitive.

im in the same boat as u bro. same here economics is the most competitive course for ucl/lse. kings is taking their sweet time
Reply 30
Hi I have got an offer for MSc Management from Queen Mary I was interested for MBA ,but Is it worth doing an MBA from QMUL or should I apply in uni like Strathclyde for MBA ?in placement aspect
Original post by stockerzz
I know this is an old post, but what is the SBCS department good in terms of? Reputation? Teaching quality? I have an offer for biological sciences and might end up going there in September.

Did you end up going QMUL for bio sciences? if so I just started there doing biology, do you have any tips?
Reply 32
Hi i'm transferring my tenancy of an ensuite room in scape canalside, mile end which is inside of queen mary campus and walking distance to mile end underground station. This flat gives you plenty of space and comes equipped with a bed, study area, lots of storage and an en suite shower room. You'll have your sharing kitchenette with microwave, oven, dishwasher, fridge and breakfast bar dining area, and the use of onsite facilities including the gym, lounge and study spaces for the rent of £370/week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending