The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Traansferred university after my first year into my second and I HATE my new uni

At the end of my first year at Oxford Brookes I decided over the summer the university wasn't for me. I loved the course but something didn't feel right about being at Brookes. I now put this partly down to underlying health conditions I was struggling with at the time (I have a lot of breathing problems I didn't know about before and severe asthma). All that aside, I decided to move to Brighton. This has been one of the unis of choice when applying and I've had a few friends from home go and absolutely love it. I got off to a pretty bad start there as I moved into a house of three. The other two people I was living with were very nasty and I ended up moving out after a few months. Since transferring to Brighton I've felt more and more sad about my decision to move. I feel like I've got no friends there and the course isn't what I want. I'm about to start my final year and I wish nothing more than to be going back to my original university. Has anyone else transferred and regretted it? I feel like my whole university experience has been pretty rubbish and really really regret my decision to transfer.
Reply 1
Original post by chloel97
At the end of my first year at Oxford Brookes I decided over the summer the university wasn't for me. I loved the course but something didn't feel right about being at Brookes. I now put this partly down to underlying health conditions I was struggling with at the time (I have a lot of breathing problems I didn't know about before and severe asthma). All that aside, I decided to move to Brighton. This has been one of the unis of choice when applying and I've had a few friends from home go and absolutely love it. I got off to a pretty bad start there as I moved into a house of three. The other two people I was living with were very nasty and I ended up moving out after a few months. Since transferring to Brighton I've felt more and more sad about my decision to move. I feel like I've got no friends there and the course isn't what I want. I'm about to start my final year and I wish nothing more than to be going back to my original university. Has anyone else transferred and regretted it? I feel like my whole university experience has been pretty rubbish and really really regret my decision to transfer.

Don't start the year at Brighton if you don't think you can finish - that would just be an expensive mistake if you can't finish, and may cause problems with future student finance.

Try to decide whether you can stick it out. It's one year (less with holidays) and then you'll have a degree. Some people can cope with that knowing that the end is near.

You can try contacting Oxford Brookes to see if they'd let you transfer back. But he aware that it might be too late to start this September, and they also might ask you to take second year with them (essentially resitting).
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
Don't start the year at Brighton if you don't think you can finish - that would just be an expensive mistake if you can't finish, and may cause problems with future student finance.

Try to decide whether you can stick it out. It's one year (less with holidays) and then you'll have a degree. Some people can cope with that knowing that the end is near.

You can try contacting Oxford Brookes to see if they'd let you transfer back. But he aware that it might be too late to start this September, and they also might ask you to take second year with them (essentially resitting).

Thanks so much for your reply. I've contacted them but I think the worry is how I'm going to move as there is so much involved such as housing etc but I would love to go back. I think I could stick out the rest of the year, I just know I wouldn't enjoy it! But as you said it's not too much longer taking holidays etc into account!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending