The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yeah, I totally agree, but then again, there will be risks wherever the new course is. Where else have you got offers from?
University of York
York
Reply 41
UCL, Manchester, Bristol. Was rejected by Cambridge after interview, not that that was unexpected but what's to lose in applying :p:

Also been told informally I'll be a shoo-in in Oslo and Bergen in the frozen lands up North, should hear formally soon, fingers crossed!
Reply 42
good luck with hearing from your other uni's!

I think im going to put York Law as my firm for definite now :biggrin:
Reply 43
Downside of YLS; With the changes in the SU, increased chance of getting Wernnicke-Korsakoff Syndrome and this could reduce the chances of a Training Contract. :frown: :frown:

I can see the above post could be taken as tasteless, hence the explanation below. If you go to York you will know the SU reference.

Much of the stereotypical demeanor of 17-18th century seafarers may be in part due to brain damage often due to the vast amounts of alcohol consumed. In the Royal Navy the rum ration (or other spirits such as brandy) was a pint a day and the alcohol content was greater than at present, making this the equivalent of a bottle a day plus eight pints of small beer. Combined with head injuries from running into low bulkheads (which outnumbered battle injuries in the Royal Navy), this had the potential to lead to Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome. Frontal lobe damage could cause a lack of inhibition in speech and behaviour often associated with pirates.[14]
Reply 44
d2008
Frontal lobe damage could cause a lack of inhibition in speech and behaviour often associated with pirates.

Ah, I get it now. Nice to see a place where the students don't take themselves too seriously. Can't imagine this happening at Cambridge!

I'm leaning towards York as firm too, not because of the pirate president though. :smile:
Reply 45
Hello! I'm very seriously thinking about choosing York as my firm... does anyone know how the firms in the York LLB will work? will the groups be based upon college perhaps?

Dalek: I've also been rejected from Cambridge, and you're right it was worth a applying even if the chance is slim... but York's still a great Uni! What are the universities in Oslo and Bergen like?
Reply 46
Now is that 3 or 4 that have firmed up for YLS? Must be more out there in TRS land. :smile: :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending